Re: canneries

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Ogden" <angela@...> wrote:

      > Tom ,
      >
      > Well , what are you waiting for ? Jump to it , My Fine Fellow , and bash a
      > few castings out .
      >
      > Nick

      Nick,
      Time. That is what I am waiting for. Perhaps this summer I can run off some sets for those
      that want one. Plaster castings only.

    • Ray Keck
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
        Terry et al--

        I like the Blacksmith structure, and would love to have one (and will
        buy one)if Tom ever gets to it, but it's not quite what I'm looking
        for in a cannery. When we both get the cannery books, we can discuss
        the photos, though it seems a bit off-topic for Tom's group.

        Ray

        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "terryhansley" <thansley@...>
        wrote:

        > Nick and Ray
        >
        > I am currently waiting delivery of the book on canneries
        recommended by
        > Darryl.
        >
        > We are in a tough spot when it comes to this type of building in O.
        >
        > I think one of Tom's old Blacksmith shops would work but they are
        > impossible to find.
        >
        > I'll be watching for any suggestions.
        >
        > Terry H

      • Angela Ogden
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
          Only joking , Tom . I know you're rather busy . If you do get time I'm
          sure you will get lots of orders .
          I could also do with seeing some pix , are there any we can look at ?
          Was it advertised in the Gazette ? If so, any clues as to which issue .

          Nick

          > > Well , what are you waiting for ? Jump to it , My Fine Fellow , and
          bash a
          > > few castings out .
          > >
          > > Nick
          >

          > Nick,
          > Time. That is what I am waiting for. Perhaps this summer I can run off
          some sets for those
          > that want one. Plaster castings only.
          >

          > Cheers,

        • sjtlrr
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
            Nick,

            Frank

            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Ogden" <angela@...> wrote:

            > Only joking , Tom . I know you're rather busy . If you do get
            time I'm
            > sure you will get lots of orders .
            > I could also do with seeing some pix , are there any we can
            look at ?
            > Was it advertised in the Gazette ? If so, any clues as to which
            issue .

            > Nick

          • Angela Ogden
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
              Frank ,

              Thanks for taking the effort for pointing me in the right direction .

              Nick

              > > Only joking , Tom . I know you're rather busy . If you do get
              > time I'm
              > > sure you will get lots of orders .
              > > I could also do with seeing some pix , are there any we can
              > look at ?
              > > Was it advertised in the Gazette ? If so, any clues as to which
              > issue .
              > >
              > > Nick

            • terryhansley
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                ---

                Tom

                I would love to be able to purchase the walls for the Blacksmith Shop.

                The verticle nature of the building with the dormers and vent yet in a
                small foot print just seems to want to go on a wharf.

                Thank you
                Terry H
              • Cary Hocker
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                  Tom, I'd happily purchase the castings (or the full kit) for the
                  Blacksmiths shop. If you're keeping a list, please add me to it!

                  Cary Hocker
                  Richland Hills, TX

                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...> wrote:
                  > > I think one of Tom's old Blacksmith shops would work but they are
                  > > impossible to find.
                  > >
                  > > I'll be watching for any suggestions.
                  > >
                  > > Terry H
                  > >

                  > Terry,
                  > I have the molds!
                  >
                  > Tom

                • Royce Wilson
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                    --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Cary Hocker" <cary_hocker@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Tom, I'd happily purchase the castings (or the full kit) for the
                    > Blacksmiths shop. If you're keeping a list, please add me to it!
                    >
                    > Cary Hocker
                    > Richland Hills, TX
                    >
                    >Me Toooooo! Royce Wilson
                    Sharpsburg,GA
                  • Angela Ogden
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                      Terry ,

                      Now you've done it , look what you've started . Of course, it is Tom's
                      own fault for telling us that he has still got the molds for this kit .
                      Makes you kind of wonder what other molds he has still got and is he going
                      to make some castings for us . We could have a "request spot" where we all
                      say what we want him to make for us . He could then stop designing and
                      making new kits and just churn out the old favourites and make so much money
                      that he could afford to retire . Mmmmm, maybe not such a good idea .
                      It's still you fault , but thanks for starting the ball rolling , even
                      if it was done unintentionally ,

                      Nick

                      p.s. I got my copy of the sardine book on order , should be here next week .

                      > > Tom, I'd happily purchase the castings (or the full kit) for the
                      > > Blacksmiths shop. If you're keeping a list, please add me to it!
                      > >
                      > > Cary Hocker
                      > > Richland Hills, TX
                      > >
                      > >Me Toooooo! Royce Wilson
                      > Sharpsburg,GA

                    • Robert Black
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                        Man there are a few kits I would like to get that have been gone
                        for a while. This might be a great idea, or a not so great idea.
                        I guess we will leave it up to Tom to decide if he wants to go
                        back into the vault and re-cast some old kits.
                        Thankx to who ever had the idea.
                        Bob Black

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 5, 2006
                          Frank & Tom,