Getting caught up...

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
      ................................................. I am trying to get caught up. The computer "problem" got rid
      of some e-mails. SO, if you did not get an order or an answer to a question - please let me
      know, but off list please. Send to;
      tomyorke@...

      Most kits have been sent or will be by the end of this week, except those that have fallen
      through the cracks. I need to know about those cracks. Friday it will be back to the Pool Halls.

    • bill davis
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi Tom,
        Glad you are getting caught up!! Kit # 2 and 3 of the ACS arrived today. Question: Is #4 going to be part of # 2 and 3 or a whole sperate item? I don't want to build it untill I have all the parts. Also how is the Porter coming along? When do you think you'll be doing the Quitman Store? I'm asking only because need to plan for the money. Don't want to be caught short.
        Regards BILL DAVIS

        Tom Yorke <tomyorke@...> wrote:
        ................................................. I am trying to get caught up. The computer "problem" got rid
        of some e-mails. SO, if you did not get an order or an answer to a question - please let me
        know, but off list please. Send to;
        tomyorke@...

        Most kits have been sent or will be by the end of this week, except those that have fallen
        through the cracks. I need to know about those cracks. Friday it will be back to the Pool Halls.

        Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

        G scale model train Ho scale model train Scale model train G scale train Ho scale trains Z scale model train

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, bill davis <billcheri72@...> wrote:

          > Hi Tom,
          > Glad you are getting caught up!! Kit # 2 and 3 of the ACS arrived today. Question: Is #4
          going to be part of # 2 and 3 or a whole sperate item? I don't want to build it untill I have
          all the parts. Also how is the Porter coming along? When do you think you'll be doing the
          Quitman Store? I'm asking only because need to plan for the money. Don't want to be
          caught short.
          > Regards BILL DAVIS

          Bill,
          ACS #4 will be a little ways away yet, but can be used in conjunction with the two before it.
          It doesn't have to be. It won't be connected to the building in any way, but it could be in
          close proximity as a storage shed or used by itself. It's safe to build the #2 & #3. Go
          ahead and have some fun!

          The Porter is finished. I need to do instructions and plans as well as cast them. That will be
          in March. I am doing bits and pieces now along with Pool Halls using left over resin or
          what would be scrap. Waste not, want not.

          The first 10 Quitman Stores will be out right after the Pool Halls. The real run will be done
          this summer.

          This May I will announce the Pepito's Pintos factory - in whatever form it will end up being.
          Still have lots of design left to do. The locomotive as boiler and water tank/boiler house
          has been designed. This will be a part of the kit that needs to be in full view. I may do a
          whole "instruction novel" with color photos to go along with the kits. Haven't decided yet.
          It would come with the kits, but would be available as a booklet by itself for other scales.

          Have fun up there in the hills. Wish I was retired!

          Tom
        • Angela Ogden
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
            Tom,

            Sorry , you are in the minority of one. No one else wants you retired !
            As you apparently live in a democracy you've been out voted . So keep
            working .
            Now this Pepito's . Could it by any stretch of the imagination be put
            into a New England waterfront scene ? Or would it look out of place ?

            Nick

            >" Have fun up there in the hills. Wish I was retired! "

          • Elist
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
              My little box with ACS 2 and 3 arrived to day. As far as number 1,
              does anyone have some good pictures of this they can post? I did the
              cut behind the truck cab where I thought it was but looks like I need
              to cut closer to the cab.

              The instructions are a bit unclear. I need pictures :-)

              Regards,

              Dan

              "The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have
              a certain capacity but often running empty."
            • Ray Keck
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                Nick-

                I'm going through the same mental exercise, trying to imagine how
                Pepito's can be bashed into a fish cannery. I may just use some
                elements and add my own brick and/or corrugated metal buildings to
                make it fit the context. Something like the old Sheepscot Red Herring
                cannery.

                If anyone has ideas for other kits that could be added to Pepito's to
                create a waterfront packing plant, I'd sure appreciate the input.

                Ray

                .

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Ogden" <angela@...> wrote:

                  > Tom,
                  >
                  > Sorry , you are in the minority of one. No one else wants you retired !
                  > As you apparently live in a democracy you've been out voted . So keep
                  > working .
                  > Now this Pepito's . Could it by any stretch of the imagination be put
                  > into a New England waterfront scene ? Or would it look out of place ?
                  >
                  > Nick

                  Nick,
                  So retiring is out of the question, eh?
                  As much as I would like to sell another kit, I'm affraid it would look out of place. The
                  storage units and boiler would work fine, but the main building wouldn't do. You may wish
                  to buy those parts and the instruction/plan book and build your own main building.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                    --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Elist <elist@...> wrote:

                    > My little box with ACS 2 and 3 arrived to day. As far as number 1,
                    > does anyone have some good pictures of this they can post? I did the
                    > cut behind the truck cab where I thought it was but looks like I need
                    > to cut closer to the cab.
                    >
                    > The instructions are a bit unclear. I need pictures :-)
                    >

                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Dan
                    >
                    > "The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have
                    > a certain capacity but often running empty."

                    Dan,
                    The plastic part of the running board should be 3/4" in length. Does that get you there?

                    Tom
                  • Elist
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                      At 01:44 PM 2/2/2006, you wrote:
                      >Dan,
                      >The plastic part of the running board should be 3/4" in length. Does
                      >that get you there?

                      That helps :-) There was a indentation in the metal running across
                      the chassis and I thought, wow, how nice... lucky it gave me to much
                      and not to little.

                      Would still like to see / hear how others got on with this kit.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                        Tom ,

                        Retiring isn't out of the question , it's just that we haven't done
                        with you yet , so you'll have to keep going for the time being . You can
                        stop when you run out of good ideas . That should see this decade out !

                        My bank manager is relieved to here you say that Pepito's won't be
                        suitable for me . You're last suggestion sounds interesting as the buildings
                        look as if they wouldn't be too hard to scratchbuild . So I'll probably go
                        down that route .
                        No chance of designing something for us East Coast modellers ?

                        Looking forward to a delivery from Dunwoody soon ,

                        Nick

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Ogden" <angela@...> wrote:

                          > Tom ,
                          >
                          > Retiring isn't out of the question , it's just that we haven't done
                          > with you yet , so you'll have to keep going for the time being . You can
                          > stop when you run out of good ideas . That should see this decade out !
                          >
                          > My bank manager is relieved to here you say that Pepito's won't be
                          > suitable for me . You're last suggestion sounds interesting as the buildings
                          > look as if they wouldn't be too hard to scratchbuild . So I'll probably go
                          > down that route .
                          > No chance of designing something for us East Coast modellers ?
                          >
                          > Looking forward to a delivery from Dunwoody soon ,
                          >
                          > Nick

                          Nick,
                          Some of the larger structures in the Sketchbook #4 are eastern. Its just the main two
                          buildings in Pepito's that are adobe/stone that wouldn't really work for you. If those were
                          scratch built and either corrugated or shingled, you'd be in business.

                          Tom
                        • Angela Ogden
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                            Ray ,

                            At one time the Red Herring Cannery was high on my wish list , but I got
                            over it when I began to focus more on O Scale .
                            My main problem is not knowing what I'm really looking for being a Brit
                            living several thousand miles away , but I know what I like when I see it .
                            I guess it wouldn't be too hard to build something similar to Pepito's but
                            with a New England flavour . Something with gallons of clapboard sidings ,
                            shingles and tin .
                            There's no hurry for me as I've got several other buildings to finish
                            first , but I'd be interested to see if you come up with anything .
                            Darryl Huffman recommended an interesting book that might give some ideas
                            , even though it is a pictoral history of Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf
                            in Monterey it could be useful for us . If you haven't read the relevant
                            message on whichever forum he posted it on , the book is called " Where have
                            all the sardines gone " by Randall Reinstedt . It is still readily available
                            via Amazon .

                            Nick

                            > I'm going through the same mental exercise, trying to imagine how
                            > Pepito's can be bashed into a fish cannery. I may just use some
                            > elements and add my own brick and/or corrugated metal buildings to
                            > make it fit the context. Something like the old Sheepscot Red Herring
                            > cannery.
                            >
                            > If anyone has ideas for other kits that could be added to Pepito's to
                            > create a waterfront packing plant, I'd sure appreciate the input.
                            >
                            > Ray
                            >

                            > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Ogden" <angela@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > .
                            > > Now this Pepito's . Could it by any stretch of the imagination
                            > be put
                            > > into a New England waterfront scene ? Or would it look out of
                            > place ?
                            > >
                            > > Nick

                          • Angela Ogden
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                              Thanks , Tom . It looks as if I need to get your Sketchbooks . But they'll
                              have to wait for a bit .

                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
                                Nick-

                                I bought both the Cannery Row book and the Alaska book Darryl
                                recommnded. My vision is a little more funky, with lots of corrugated
                                siding, maybe connected to a brick plant building, large industrial
                                boilers (any leads for this?), overhead bridge and docks for fishing
                                boats and rail cars. I want to keep it fairly compact, but at least
                                two-story. I've got a great fishing boat model to go with it.
                                I'm hoping to use parts of Pepito's, but it will depend on how Tom
                                splits up the kits. I think I'll get the boiler to go with a more
                                funky industry.

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 30, 2006
                                  ....................... I thank all of you who have helped thus far. But, we are only running at about
                                  20%. I want so much to catch up, but I need the deposits for Pepito's if this is going to work. I
                                  not only have to pay the regular bills, I need extra to put into production to speed things up.
                                  If you have reserved one but have not sent in your payment, please, please do so. Also, a
                                  quick note here; the locomotive prints will only be offered until supply (which is small) runs
                                  out.

                                  I don't want to be a pest or a whiner, but I really want this to work. This is the best chance to
                                  get things done and caught up. I don't know of any other. Its a monumental task, but it can
                                  be done with your help.

                                  Thanks,