Small Saw Mill

  • Elist
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
      I posted a picture of a small saw mill in York_pics.

      I have some more shots of this, but has anyone done a kit with these
      type of castings? I guess it would not be to hard to scratch but...

      Regards,

      Dan

      "The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have
      a certain capacity but often running empty."
    • Robert Black
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
        Hi Dan,
        Where in Yorke_Pics? I didn't see it or a folder.
        Thankx
        Bob Black

        --- Elist <elist@...> wrote:

        > I posted a picture of a small saw mill in York_pics.
        >
        > I have some more shots of this, but has anyone done a kit with
        > these
        > type of castings? I guess it would not be to hard to scratch
        > but...
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Dan
        >
        > "The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed
        > to have
        > a certain capacity but often running empty."

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • Angela Ogden
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
          Dan,

          Sierra West produce a whole range of sawmill equipment in O Scale . It is
          the old CHB range . They are well made . Funnily enough I am in the process
          of building a small oneman sawmill diorama using some of his machinery kits
          , so your posting of that photo is very timely . Feel free to post some
          more.

          Nick Ogden

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 7, 2005
            At 01:22 AM 12/7/2005, you wrote:

            >Dan,
            >
            > Sierra West produce a whole range of sawmill equipment in O Scale . It is
            >the old CHB range . They are well made . Funnily enough I am in the process
            >of building a small oneman sawmill diorama using some of his machinery kits
            >, so your posting of that photo is very timely . Feel free to post some
            >more.
            >
            > Nick Ogden

            Thanks Nick, I do remember seeing their offerings.
            I think some just went off eBay and let's just say they have held
            their value very well over the years :-)

            I have place a few more views of this little mill in the same folder
            (Yorke_pics SawMill) as well as images of the power source.

            I shot these this past October at a pumpkin farm near me.

            Regards,

            Dan

            "The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have
            a certain capacity but often running empty."
          • bill davis
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 7, 2005
              Hey Tom, Put me down for one of the scrap yard dogs. Regards BILL DAVIS

              Tom Yorke <tomyorke@...> wrote: ................................................................. Soon I will announce a new loco for
              On30. The first in the Scrap Yard Dog series. It will be a 4 wheel gas critter
              with lots of weathered metal already cast in resin. The body kit will be made to
              fit the Bachmann On30 Street Car motor block (not included). But, included in
              the kit will be a set of conversion parts in resin to use on the Street Car body.
              No waste. Two kits in one! You'll need a pair of trucks and couplers for the car
              though.

              I do not know which will come first, the log loader or the Dog, but they will be
              several months appart. I will post a rendering of the Dog soon.

              Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

              Ho scale model train Scale model train Ho scale trains G scale train N scale train set G scale model train

              ---------------------------------

            • bill davis

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 8, 2005
                  Good luck getting anything from Sierra West. Their status is in question and I fear it is a company in name only now.

                  Regards,
                  Mark Stonbraker

                • Ray Keck
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 8, 2005
                    Yes, it seems so. Without getting personal, I would warn potental
                    buyers that my emails to Sierra West have gone unanswered for months,
                    and my order was submitted over eight months ago. I am concerned about
                    the whereabouts of my Boiler and Mill kit, or the considerable funds I
                    forwarded for it.
                    My advice would be to wait and see whether he can deliver before
                    forwarding any funds.

                    Ray Keck

                    --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Mark Stonbraker <stoney17111@y...>
                    wrote:

                    > Good luck getting anything from Sierra West. Their status is in
                    question and I fear it is a company in name only now.

                    > Regards,
                    > Mark Stonbraker

                  • Angela Ogden
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 8, 2005
                      You both obviously haven't looked at his website recently . Try phoning him
                      , I never have a problem getting through .

                      Nick Ogden