Re: New member

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Evan & Correne James <bce@x> wrote:
      > Hi, I have just joined this esteemed group.
      > I am Even James from Auckland, New Zealand,

      <snip>
      Fancy meeting you here ! Welcome Evan. :>)

      Lionel

      > cheers
      >
      > evan
    • Evan & Correne James
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
        Sorry about the spelling mistake in my own name - it was 4 am and I had just
        finished a 10 hour very busy shift at work (I am in the digital prepress
        side of the printing industry).
        I am a member of On30 Conspiracy, and the Weathering groups. If I am allowed
        I will create a folder in the Files and pop some of my building pics in
        there. I am a city scape fan. I lived in the country for a lot of my life,
        and I probably look at city buildings in a different light than someone who
        has lived among them all his life.
        Joining a museum or vintage railway and getting to work on and play with the
        real thing is something I would recommend to anyone in this hobby.
        A down side, if you can call it that, is that you realise how bad even the
        best model steam loco sound systems are.

        evan

        on 7/10/05 4:43 AM, Robert Black at rjb54us@... wrote:

        > Hi Even,
        >
        > Welcome aboard.
        > I would like to see some pic's of your buildings, loco's and
        > your layout as you get things going.
        > It sounds like you have this all figured out down to the last
        > board, nut, bolt & washer casting. I like that kind of planing.
        > I like to plan mine out to see what will fit and what will not.
        > I use AutoCAD for all my plans, I'm in O scale std. gauge and
        > On30. As soon as I get my plan finalized I'll be posting it to
        > the On30 groups and the O scale groups. I will post it to this
        > group as well.
        > Are you in any of the On30 groups?
        > There is a weathering group that is a great group as well.
        > Email me off the list and I'll give you the links to the other
        > groups.
        > Riding in a real steam engine cab, that's got to be exciting.
        >
        > Have a groovy day
        > Bob Black
        > Train Mania
        > www.trainmania.net
      • Robert Black
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 7, 2005
          Evan,
          Create the folder and lets see some pic's. I think you are in
          all the same groups I'm in.
          Bob Black

          http://mail.yahoo.com