Re: [Yorke_Kits] New member

  • Robert Black
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hi Even,

      Welcome aboard.
      I would like to see some pic's of your buildings, loco's and
      your layout as you get things going.
      It sounds like you have this all figured out down to the last
      board, nut, bolt & washer casting. I like that kind of planing.
      I like to plan mine out to see what will fit and what will not.
      I use AutoCAD for all my plans, I'm in O scale std. gauge and
      On30. As soon as I get my plan finalized I'll be posting it to
      the On30 groups and the O scale groups. I will post it to this
      group as well.
      Are you in any of the On30 groups?
      There is a weathering group that is a great group as well.
      Email me off the list and I'll give you the links to the other
      groups.
      Riding in a real steam engine cab, that's got to be exciting.

      Have a groovy day
      Bob Black
      Train Mania
      www.trainmania.net

      --- Evan & Correne James <bce@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I have just joined this esteemed group.
      > I am Even James from Auckland, New Zealand, and am building an
      > 0n30 layout
      > at home, based on a fictional, yet feasible narrow gauge
      > railway in the
      > north of New Zealand (the warm end) using former American
      > equipment, similar
      > to the White Pass and Yukon Railroad during the war.
      > Modelling buildings is my main interest, with the trains sort
      > of linking
      > everything together. All my buildings are scratch built,
      > either totally, or
      > with the use of some commercial parts such as windows, or
      > modular brick
      > walls.
      > I am also a member of the Auckland 9mm group, which has a 60ft
      > by 30ft
      > sectional display layout which is carted around the
      > countryside from time to
      > time. This is a New Zealand prototype layout built to 1/34th
      > scale, on which
      > everything is scratch built - and I mean everything.
      > I started to build my own layout in in that scale, but after
      > some years of
      > getting nowhere quite slowly, realised that if I was to have a
      > layout of my
      > own I would have to change to a scale where at least I could
      > purchase the
      > locos and rolling stock over the counter.
      > I am also a volunteer at a local railway museum and during the
      > summer can be
      > seen in the cab of a steam loco - I enjoy the firing better
      > than the
      > driving.
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > evan

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Lionel Gazeau
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Evan & Correne James <bce@x> wrote:
        > Hi, I have just joined this esteemed group.
        > I am Even James from Auckland, New Zealand,

        <snip>
        Fancy meeting you here ! Welcome Evan. :>)

        Lionel

        > cheers
        >
        > evan
      • Evan & Correne James
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
          Sorry about the spelling mistake in my own name - it was 4 am and I had just
          finished a 10 hour very busy shift at work (I am in the digital prepress
          side of the printing industry).
          I am a member of On30 Conspiracy, and the Weathering groups. If I am allowed
          I will create a folder in the Files and pop some of my building pics in
          there. I am a city scape fan. I lived in the country for a lot of my life,
          and I probably look at city buildings in a different light than someone who
          has lived among them all his life.
          Joining a museum or vintage railway and getting to work on and play with the
          real thing is something I would recommend to anyone in this hobby.
          A down side, if you can call it that, is that you realise how bad even the
          best model steam loco sound systems are.

          evan

          on 7/10/05 4:43 AM, Robert Black at rjb54us@... wrote:

          > Hi Even,
          >
          > Welcome aboard.
          > I would like to see some pic's of your buildings, loco's and
          > your layout as you get things going.
          > It sounds like you have this all figured out down to the last
          > board, nut, bolt & washer casting. I like that kind of planing.
          > I like to plan mine out to see what will fit and what will not.
          > I use AutoCAD for all my plans, I'm in O scale std. gauge and
          > On30. As soon as I get my plan finalized I'll be posting it to
          > the On30 groups and the O scale groups. I will post it to this
          > group as well.
          > Are you in any of the On30 groups?
          > There is a weathering group that is a great group as well.
          > Email me off the list and I'll give you the links to the other
          > groups.
          > Riding in a real steam engine cab, that's got to be exciting.
          >
          > Have a groovy day
          > Bob Black
          > Train Mania
          > www.trainmania.net
        • Robert Black
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 7, 2005
            Evan,
            Create the folder and lets see some pic's. I think you are in
            all the same groups I'm in.
            Bob Black

            http://mail.yahoo.com