Re: World License Plate Site

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, rdaniel192321MI@c... wrote:
      > Believe it or not there is a world license plate site out there at:
      >
      > http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/
      >
      > I found license plate samples for Cuba in my timeframe (1938-9). Also: great
      US states collection. All eras, all in jpg's.

      > Best,
      > Bob Daniel
      > Chelsea, MI

      That's what makes this group so neat! Thanks Bob for that great site find. And
      thanks for keeping the group informed. Keeping each other "in the know" is
      what we're here for.

      Fantastic!

      Tom
    • Ron Hildebrand
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
        If you need license plates, the roads your vehicles drive on will
        need highway signs, too! Here's a shareware ($5) font of the old
        style of US highway signs, probably good from the '60s back. (Older
        signs definitely have a different look than the contemporary font
        used on today's highway and Interstate signs.) It includes the
        shield outline, a couple different styles of "US" and a full set
        of alpha and numerical characters:

        <http://pghbridges.com/hsotw/UShwy_font/>

        There are samples of signs created with the font, as well as a map of
        the font's characters available on the page.

        Ron Hildebrand