Re: Water Critter

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2005
      > Lionel - this looks like a logging-pond mover-arounder. One of those
      little tugs that was used by logging mills to keep their log ponds in
      order. It acts sort of like a shetland sheepdog to herd logs into the
      intake ramps.

      > Pardon my lack of technical terminology. There is a Yahoo group for
      Logging Modelers. They would have more info for those interested in
      modelling one of these cute thingies.

      > Best,
      > Bob Daniel
      > Chelsea, MI

      Bob,

      S'allright, I often use such technical words as thingamajigs and
      doodads myself. The tug looks too clean to be a logging thingamabob
      (see!), my take on it is it's used to move boats around in a large
      size marina. Gives me modeling ideas though.
      Lionel

      http://www.stewart-hyder.com/photos.html

    • Lionel Gazeau
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2005
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "craig palmer" <CRAIGJP@c...> wrote:
        > beside's ya gotta love the name of the boat !
        >
        > CraigP

        Funny I hadn't flashed on that Craig.

        I know there must be one, but I can't see any evidence of a door, do
        you suppose the operator just lifts the roof off to get in?

        Lionel

        Service.

      • craig palmer
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2005
          Maybe R/C.......ya think?not sure if it's large enough for someone....I am sure the dog did not operate it...

          CraigP
          > beside's ya gotta love the name of the boat !
          >
          > CraigP

          Funny I hadn't flashed on that Craig.

          I know there must be one, but I can't see any evidence of a door, do
          you suppose the operator just lifts the roof off to get in?

          Lionel

          Service.

          Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

        • Lionel Gazeau
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2005
            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "craig palmer" <CRAIGJP@c...> wrote:
            > Maybe R/C.......ya think?not sure if it's large enough for
            someone....I am sure the dog did not operate it...

            OH, I DUNNO, I've seen movies of dogs driving cars and tractors and
            this thing has bumpers! Maybe Darryl Huffman up there in Anchorage can
            enlighten us.

            Lionel