RE: [Yorke_Kits] Digest Number 460

  • JEM
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
      Morning Guys,

      I don't have the sketch books, would someone mind posting a picture of the
      factory Tom is talking about or you could send me a copy direct to my e-mail
      address. I have broad-band so don't worry about the size of the file.

      Thanks for your help.

      J. Motts
      El Paso, TX

      Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:08:34 -0500
      From: "Craig Kanewske" <kanewske@...>
      Subject: Re: Thinking out load

      Tom---

      I went home last night and looked at the factory drawing in Sketchbook 2. I
      think it would make a great Frijole Factory. I really like the overall
      composition and "add-ons". I understand the "generic anytime, anywhere
      practicality " of the corrugated siding but personally I wouldn't mind
      seeing another material mixed in. Maybe the ghost of an original building
      (stucco, frame) or a newer addition (concrete block?). Maybe released/sold
      in phases?

      By my standards this would be a "huge" building and I don't really know
      where I would fit it in on my "concept" layout. But I'd still want one.

      Craig Kanewske
      Austin, Texas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "JEM" <trainnut@e...> wrote:
        > Morning Guys,
        >
        > I don't have the sketch books, would someone mind posting a picture of the
        > factory Tom is talking about or you could send me a copy direct to my e-mail
        > address. I have broad-band so don't worry about the size of the file.
        >
        > Thanks for your help.
        >
        > J. Motts
        > El Paso, TX

        Say what, Joel? You don't have the sketh books!? Why on earth not? Do you
        know all the great plans you are missing? Come on now. No self respecting
        member of the Yorke_Kits group should go anywhere without them. What if
        somebody asks you a question in the grocery store line and you can't answer
        it because you don't have the books? What are you going to do? Let the FBI
        know what you are reading. They might learn something!

        Tom
      • UncaDuck50@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
          In a message dated 7/1/2005 3:30:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          From: "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...>
          Subject: Trucks

          ............................Here's the deal..............
          Toys for Collectors has some interesting things on their website. Look up
          trucks. There is a Buessing LKW 1903 unit at $29.95. They are rare, but in
          stock right now. There are a couple of MAN Oldtimers -- a tank and a low side
          at $29.95 and $24.95 by Conrad. These two are 1:50 scale. Then, in the autos
          section, the little BMW Dixi 3/15 of 1928-1932 at $14.95 that is pretty barn
          close to an American Bantam. All are in stock today. I know. I just ordered
          mine! There is also a pie wagon of about 1903 that I did not order, but it
          would
          be a good addition to a collection of "railroad" model trucks.

          As far as Ol' Trux go. I will be introducing some later this year or next.
          These
          will be bashing parts that require a donor truck. There will be several for
          the
          1934 Ford. I will also do some 1941 Chevy and Dodge trucks. Plus others.
          Perhaps a few Model T's, but the donors are about $25 each unless we can
          still get the Ertl Center Door Sedans. I used to have 200 of those when I
          sold
          them years ago. I think I have two left. Those are mine.

          That's it for now. Remember, the Buessing is limited stock. I'll do a set of
          drawings for the conversion of that one for the group later.

          Tom
          &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

          Tom-
          Did you notice the Clamshell Grab bucket ($ 22.95) , the Wrecking Ball
          ($ 14.95 ) , and the Dragline Bucket ($ 24.95 ) ? They are all in 1/50
          scale, perhaps suitable for your crane conversion?

          Doug Rowe

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
            > Tom-
            > Did you notice the Clamshell Grab bucket ($ 22.95) , the Wrecking Ball
            > ($ 14.95 ) , and the Dragline Bucket ($ 24.95 ) ? They are all in 1/50
            > scale, perhaps suitable for your crane conversion?
            >
            > Doug Rowe

            Yes, I did. They look real nice! Going to be heavy though.