Frijole Flats Bank

  • Richard Barker
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31, 2005
      Oh boy, Oh boy Oh Bank!!!!!
      It arrived today the Frijole Flats Bank and it is as usual superb. Can't wait to get it started mine is #6 of 35. What a steal.
      Thanks Tom I needed a pick me up.
      Rich

      Richard U. Barker
      Port Saint Lucie, FL
      Ridgway Ute & Bedrock Railroad
      http://home.earthlink.net/~trainfield/

      http://home.mindspring.com/~ruandbrr/index.html

    • Ray Keck
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
        I got mine, too. It's all busted up with loose blocks, like a bomb
        went off. And most of the roof is missing.

        Tom, did you insure it?

        Ray

        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Barker" <nywsystem@m...>

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
          > I got mine, too. It's all busted up with loose blocks, like a bomb
          > went off. And most of the roof is missing.
          >
          > Tom, did you insure it?
          >
          > Ray

          I think it is supposed to be that way Ray. Hopefully the PO didn't unlesh more
          rath upon it!!

          Tom
        • Ray Keck
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
            Nah, that was just a feeble attempt at humor. It's another great
            creation, Tom. Thanks! And the Quitman Grocery looks absolutely,
            gloriously decrepit! One gets the impression that experienced craftsmen
            were in short supply in Frijole Flats. Not to mention quality building
            materials. Can't wait to see it with the decals!

            Ray

            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@b...> wrote:
            > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
            > > I got mine, too. It's all busted up with loose blocks, like a bomb
            > > went off. And most of the roof is missing.
            > >
            > > Tom, did you insure it?
            > >
            > > Ray
            >

            > I think it is supposed to be that way Ray. Hopefully the PO didn't
            unlesh more
            > rath upon it!!
            >

            > Tom
          • Craig Kanewske
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
              Ray---
              Notice how TIGHT this kit was packed!?! How there wasn't room for air in
              the box? I think this was a case of Tom bought the boxes FIRST and then
              designed the kit to fit the box. After he got the foundation and front wall
              in there he discovered there wasn't room for the other three walls and roof!
              So he crammed-in some odd bits and pieces and made-up a story about how
              "special" this all was. Obviously he had bought 35 boxes, too. That
              Tom--next thing you know he'll be sending us warped castings and telling us
              THAT'S special-----oh, wait---he's already doing that...
              CraigK

              >Nah, that was just a feeble attempt at humor. It's another great
              >creation, Tom. Thanks! And the Quitman Grocery looks absolutely,
              >gloriously decrepit! One gets the impression that experienced craftsmen
              >were in short supply in Frijole Flats. Not to mention quality building
              >materials. Can't wait to see it with the decals!
              >
              >Ray
              >

              >--- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@b...> wrote:
              >> --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
              >> > I got mine, too. It's all busted up with loose blocks, like a bomb
              >> > went off. And most of the roof is missing.
              >> >
              >> > Tom, did you insure it?
              >> >
              >> > Ray
              >>

              >> I think it is supposed to be that way Ray. Hopefully the PO didn't
              >unlesh more
              >> rath upon it!!
              >>

              >> Tom
              >

              >Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Clark Womack
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
                At 01:36 PM 6/1/2005 -0500, you wrote:
                >Ray---
                >Notice how TIGHT this kit was packed!?! How there wasn't room for air in
                >the box?
                >CraigK

                That's the truth!
                I opened mine (#11 of 35) to inspect it and now I can't seem to fit it back
                in the box.
                Guess I'll have to go ahead and build it.
                Clark Womack
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
                  > Nah, that was just a feeble attempt at humor. It's another great
                  > creation, Tom. Thanks! And the Quitman Grocery looks absolutely,
                  > gloriously decrepit! One gets the impression that experienced craftsmen
                  > were in short supply in Frijole Flats. Not to mention quality building
                  > materials. Can't wait to see it with the decals!
                  >
                  > Ray

                  Yes, you and me both -- with those decals, Ray. Still have to finish them.
                  Actually, the Quitman Grocery isn't part of Frijole Flats. Not that there's
                  anything wrong with that. It certainly could be used in the town. Most FF
                  structures I am trying to keep on the smaller side. The Pool Hall is the
                  exception. And the Quitman utilizes the top floor of that building, but the upper
                  facade is different. It did come out kind of cool though. I can just see it in a
                  scene.

                  Tom
                • Bob Walter

                    >Nah, that was just a feeble attempt at humor. It's another great
                    >creation, Tom. Thanks! And the Quitman Grocery looks absolutely,
                    >gloriously decrepit! One gets the impression that experienced craftsmen
                    >were in short supply in Frijole Flats. Not to mention quality building
                    >materials. Can't wait to see it with the decals!
                    >
                    >Ray
                    >

                    >--- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@b...> wrote:
                    >> --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
                    >> > I got mine, too. It's all busted up with loose blocks, like a bomb
                    >> > went off. And most of the roof is missing.
                    >> >
                    >> > Tom, did you insure it?
                    >> >
                    >> > Ray
                    >>

                    >> I think it is supposed to be that way Ray. Hopefully the PO didn't
                    >unlesh more
                    >> rath upon it!!
                    >>

                    >> Tom
                    >

                    >Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • craig palmer
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
                      It was Just them Texas OutLaws getting cash for new modules.

                      CraigP
                      DFW
                      Nah, that was just a feeble attempt at humor. It's another great
                      creation, Tom. Thanks! And the Quitman Grocery looks absolutely,
                      gloriously decrepit! One gets the impression that experienced craftsmen
                      were in short supply in Frijole Flats. Not to mention quality building
                      materials. Can't wait to see it with the decals!

                      Ray

                      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@b...> wrote:
                      > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
                      > > I got mine, too. It's all busted up with loose blocks, like a bomb
                      > > went off. And most of the roof is missing.
                      > >
                      > > Tom, did you insure it?
                      > >
                      > > Ray
                      >

                      > I think it is supposed to be that way Ray. Hopefully the PO didn't
                      unlesh more
                      > rath upon it!!
                      >

                      > Tom

                      Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

                    • BRENMAUR
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
                        This IS my real abilities level;
                        If it's built a little off level or plumb it will be perfect!
                        > It was Just them Texas OutLaws getting cash for new modules.
                        >
                        > CraigP
                        > DFW

                      • Ray Keck
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
                          Yep, I opened my Bank kit (#14 of 35) and, like all of Tom's kits, had
                          a great 20 minutes trying to figure out the Rubik's cube puzzle of how
                          to get it back into the box. But I did it.
                          The lifted and missing tiles on the base floor are just too cool! I may
                          have to atempt a checkered floor on this one. And the "plumped up" safe
                          is a very nice touch.
                          This is going to be a nice point of interest on my (future) layout.
                          It'll be a good place to park that Eligor Model A paddy wagon.

                          Ray

                          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@b...> wrote:
                          > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
                          > > Nah, that was just a feeble attempt at humor. It's another great
                          > > creation, Tom. Thanks! > >
                          > > Ray

                        • Craig Kanewske
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
                            From: Ray Keck <raykeck@...>

                            >Yep, I opened my Bank kit (#14 of 35) and, like all of Tom's kits, had
                            >a great 20 minutes trying to figure out the Rubik's cube puzzle of how
                            >to get it back into the box. But I did it.

                            I got the kit back in the box---but I cheated and left-out the 3 pages of
                            instructions. That gave me lots of extra room.

                            CraigK
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 24, 2006
                              .................................... Will the person who was questioning me about the exploded bank
                              please Email me. I have misplaced your Email -- as usual!

                              Thanks,
                              Tom
                            • Ray Keck
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 30, 2009
                                Yorkies-

                                I'm looking for the photos of the exploded Frijole Flats Bank, but
                                can't fing them here or on the old 'overflow" site. Does anyone know
                                where I can find these?

                                Ray
                              • michael lynch
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 30, 2009
                                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@...> wrote:
                                  > Yorkies-
                                  > I'm looking for the photos of the exploded Frijole Flats Bank, but
                                  > can't fing them here or on the old 'overflow" site. Does anyone know
                                  > where I can find these?
                                  > Ray

                                  i HAVE THEM STORED ON A CD. IT WAS BUILT BY AN AUZZIE GUY.

                                  CONTACT ME AND WILL SEND THEM.

                                  OH AND BY THE WAY, THIS WOULD HAVE MADE A GREAT RE-ISSUE KIT ALSO. I
                                  HAVE MINE STILL IN THE BOX.

                                  MADMIKE3434
                                • Larry R
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 31, 2009
                                    Ray,

                                    The bank pics are in the Yorke_pics group, Files section, folder named Bank:

                                    Larry
                                    -----

                                    --
                                    Larry Rickert
                                    Brooklyn, USA

                                    On30 Resource Center:
                                    http://on30center.com

                                    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
                                    - Philippians 4:13
                                  • michael lynch
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 31, 2009
                                      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com,

                                      I would have posted the pictures of the blown up bank in the photos
                                      section , but nobody, including the author of the original posted
                                      request, bothered to ask for them. So i figured if nobody is
                                      interested, why bother !

                                      mike

                                      Larry R <lhrickert@...> wrote:

                                      > Ray,
                                      >
                                      > The bank pics are in the Yorke_pics group, Files section, folder
                                      named Bank:

                                      > Larry
                                      > -----
                                      >
                                      > Ray Keck wrote:
                                      > >

                                      > > Yorkies-
                                      > >
                                      > > I'm looking for the photos of the exploded Frijole Flats Bank, but
                                      > > can't fing them here or on the old 'overflow" site. Does anyone
                                      know
                                      > > where I can find these?
                                      > >
                                      > > Ray
                                      >

                                      > --
                                      > Larry Rickert
                                      > Brooklyn, USA
                                      >
                                      > On30 Resource Center:
                                      > http://on30center.com
                                      >
                                      > "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
                                      > - Philippians 4:13

                                    • Ray Keck
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
                                        Thanks, Larry, got it.

                                        Ray

                                        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Larry R <lhrickert@...> wrote:

                                        > Ray,
                                        >
                                        > The bank pics are in the Yorke_pics group, Files section, folder
                                        named Bank:

                                        > Larry
                                        > -----
                                        >
                                        > Ray Keck wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > Yorkies-
                                        > >
                                        > > I'm looking for the photos of the exploded Frijole Flats Bank, but
                                        > > can't fing them here or on the old 'overflow" site. Does anyone
                                        know
                                        > > where I can find these?
                                        > >
                                        > > Ray
                                        >

                                        > --
                                        > Larry Rickert
                                        > Brooklyn, USA
                                        >
                                        > On30 Resource Center:
                                        > http://on30center.com
                                        >
                                        > "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
                                        > - Philippians 4:13

                                      • Ray Keck
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Feb 5, 2009
                                          Yorkies-

                                          Thought I should let you Frijole Flats builders know that I have my
                                          copy of the FF bank on Ebay. Proceeds go to my Yorke HO structure fund.
                                          The bank kit is #14 of 35 and complete with all parts and instructions.

                                          Ray