Re: Quitman Grocery

    Message 1 of 13 , May 4, 2005
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ted McCormack" <tedmac@e...> wrote:
      > Even though I was not quick enough. . .is there a picture of this kit
      > anywhere?

      Not yet Ted. I am working on the pilot model now while casting Banks and
      doing patterns for the Bordello.....

      I should have some photos for next week. The "full run" will be done later this
      summer.

    • Ted McCormack
      Message 2 of 13 , May 4, 2005
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@b...> wrote:

        > Not yet Ted. I am working on the pilot model now while casting
        Banks and
        > doing patterns for the Bordello.....
        >
        > I should have some photos for next week. The "full run" will be
        done later this
        > summer.
        >

        > Cheers,

        Sorry to be so thick, but does your reply mean that there will be
        more than the initial 10 available in the summer?

        Ted
        Message 3 of 13 , May 4, 2005
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ted McCormack" <tedmac@e...> wrote:
          > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@b...> wrote:
          >
          > > Not yet Ted. I am working on the pilot model now while casting
          > Banks and
          > > doing patterns for the Bordello.....
          > >
          > > I should have some photos for next week. The "full run" will be
          > done later this
          > > summer.
          > >

          > > Cheers,
          > > Tom
          >
          > Tom,
          >
          > Sorry to be so thick, but does your reply mean that there will be
          > more than the initial 10 available in the summer?
          >
          > Ted

          Ted,
          Yes, there will be more. The decals may differ and the name may change,
          however, the building will be the same.

          Tom
        • Doug Rowe
          Message 4 of 13 , May 28, 2005
            Gots to have it! The citizens will revolt if they can't
            get their Boone's Farm, Ripple, or mescal somewhere, after
            refining Flatulene all day from used frijoles!

            Doug
          • Rick Perry
            Message 5 of 13 , May 28, 2005
              Hey Tom,
              Just found your photo's of the Q' Stoe and didn't realize you had ever
              made it to my town of Hurtsboro, Alabama! Your model issa spittin'
              image of my country Hardware store!!! NICE!!!
              Are all the models in the first run sold out? If not, I sure wish I
              could be put on the waiting list. I mean, I spend 60-70 hours a week
              inside the prototype and here I want a model of the dang thing.....lol
              Rick Perry
              Message 6 of 13 , May 29, 2005
                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Perry" <railsend@m...> wrote:
                > Hey Tom,
                > Just found your photo's of the Q' Stoe and didn't realize you had ever
                > made it to my town of Hurtsboro, Alabama! Your model issa spittin'
                > image of my country Hardware store!!! NICE!!!
                > Are all the models in the first run sold out? If not, I sure wish I
                > could be put on the waiting list. I mean, I spend 60-70 hours a week
                > inside the prototype and here I want a model of the dang thing.....lol
                > Rick Perry

                Rick,
                Are you sure there isn't anything under your building? Like maybe the first
                floor of the Pool Hall?! That's what the Quitman is. The front wall has been
                modified at the top. Maybe you should do some digging and see. Boy,
                wouldn't that be interesting. You don't even know you're sitting atop another
                building!

                Yes, all 10 of the first run are gone, but in a few months there will be plenty
                more.

                Tom
              • Bill Davis
                Message 7 of 13 , May 31, 2005
                  Hey Gov. Perry,
                  Post a picture or two of your store.
                  Regards BILL DAVIS

                  > Just found your photo's of the Q' Stoe and didn't realize you had ever
                  > made it to my town of Hurtsboro, Alabama! Your model issa spittin'
                  > image of my country Hardware store!!! NICE!!!
                  > Are all the models in the first run sold out? If not, I sure wish I
                  > could be put on the waiting list. I mean, I spend 60-70 hours a week
                  > inside the prototype and here I want a model of the dang thing.....lol
                  > Rick Perry

                • Kevin Goodrich
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 31, 2005
                    Hey Rick,

                    What's the chances of getting a look at some pics of your store? Be
                    interesting to see it.

                    Kevin

                  • railsend@mindspring.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
                      Hey Gov. Perry,
                      Post a picture or two of your store.
                      Regards BILL DAVIS

                      Hey Rick,

                      What's the chances of getting a look at some pics of your store? Be
                      interesting to see it.

                      Kevin

                      Bill and Kevin,
                      I would but still can't figure out how to get picturmifications onto the web. I tried putting the photygraf into the hard drive...hit wouldn't work. Tried puttin' it inna to the floppy thang and it wouldn't fit........lol
                      Seriously, just bought another dizzy camera (digital) as the other disappeared some time ago and the new one is still in the box. Gotta figure out how to unpack it and use it...THEN maybe photo's.
                      In mean time, maybe the infamous "Colonel" Bill Davis could visit the 'Boro and shoot the photo's.......... he's moved from Calif to Ark and needs to vacation in Ala and Ga.
                      Rick Perry
                      Russell County Narrow Gauge
                      in the only place on the planet named Hurtsboro
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 21 5:45 AM
                        .................................................... Here we are again with a lost list. This was also in the
                        computer when it self destructed late last year! Will the original 10 people that signed up for
                        an early (well, it's still early because the rest of the run will not be done for the "public" for
                        many months yet!) please check in by Email to; tomyorke@.... Please do not forget
                        to include your address. These kits are packed and ready to go. All I need is for you to check
                        in.

                        Thanks,