The Outhouse, Bank and other things

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
      Greetings all,
      News from the workbench. Or that cluttered space with about two square
      inches of room left in which to build!

      First - the Outhouse is done except for three little patterns - which will wait for
      a bit. I've been working on this one for over a year and decided not to wait any
      longer to finish it, lest I lose out to another manufacturer who was interested in
      doing it also. Steve, I have no plans to do this one in 1/4". This is a cool
      machine in 1/2" scale! It is wide enough to go 2' gauge if desired. Full cab
      interior too!

      The Bank - now I can get back to this one. Should be done in two weeks, then
      packaged up and out of here.

      Tony's - next in line.

      The Bordello - the main structure is almost complete - pattern-wise. Three
      more to go. Taking shape nicely now. The little store next to it is still left to do
      and that one has a facade that is a killer. That will take a little while to do!

      Cemetery and HO-107 - Will be next in line.

      In addition to the Bordello as a complete package, I will do a small run of two
      separate stores made from Bordello parts for those that don't need or want the
      larger building. One will be the tiny little building next door. I will do a special
      wall for it so it can stand alone. The other will be the single story Quitman
      Store. These two will be ready about end of summer and in a small batch
      each.

      Back to work,
      Tom
    • steveblackdog@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
        tomyorke@... writes:

        First - the Outhouse is done except for three little patterns - which will
        wait for
        a bit. I've been working on this one for over a year and decided not to wait
        any
        longer to finish it, lest I lose out to another manufacturer who was
        interested in
        doing it also. Steve, I have no plans to do this one in 1/4". This is a cool
        machine in 1/2" scale! It is wide enough to go 2' gauge if desired. Full cab
        interior too!

        Dont worry Tom, as soon as I heard that you had been working on it, I
        dropped any ideas of heading in that direction. An O scale version may be a
        possibility at a later date though.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, steveblackdog@a... wrote:

          > tomyorke@b... writes:
          >
          > First - the Outhouse is done except for three little patterns - which will
          > wait for
          > a bit. I've been working on this one for over a year and decided not to wait
          > any
          > longer to finish it, lest I lose out to another manufacturer who was
          > interested in
          > doing it also. Steve, I have no plans to do this one in 1/4". This is a cool
          > machine in 1/2" scale! It is wide enough to go 2' gauge if desired. Full cab
          > interior too!
          >

          > Dont worry Tom, as soon as I heard that you had been working on it, I
          > dropped any ideas of heading in that direction. An O scale version may be
          > possibility at a later date though.
          >
          > Steve

          Steve,
          I can certainly see why you would be interested in this little thing. When I first
          viewed it about three years ago, I couldn't believe my eyes! Been collecting
          data on it for that long. I have no idea how many might sell, but it looks great
          (even unfinished) running along my little section of Gn15 trackage. Next step
          is to mix up some green paint.

        • Hans Hammarsten
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
            Tom don't forget the unpainted gray wood parts :-)
            Have fun
            Cheers
            Hans

            ---------------------------------
            wrote:

            > In a message dated 29/04/2005 13:09:26 GMT Standard
            Time,
            > tomyorke@b... writes:
            >
            > First - the Outhouse is done except for three
            little patterns - which will
            > wait for
            > a bit. I've been working on this one for over a year
            and decided not to wait
            > any
            > longer to finish it, lest I lose out to another
            manufacturer who was
            > interested in
            > doing it also. Steve, I have no plans to do this one
            in 1/4". This is a cool
            > machine in 1/2" scale! It is wide enough to go 2'
            gauge if desired. Full cab
            > interior too!
            >

            > Dont worry Tom, as soon as I heard that you had been
            working on it, I
            > dropped any ideas of heading in that direction. An
            O scale version may be
            > possibility at a later date though.
            >
            > Steve

            Steve,
            I can certainly see why you would be interested in
            this little thing. When I first
            viewed it about three years ago, I couldn't believe my
            eyes! Been collecting
            data on it for that long. I have no idea how many
            might sell, but it looks great
            (even unfinished) running along my little section of
            Gn15 trackage. Next step
            is to mix up some green paint.

            Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can
            now be found at:

            Terms of Service.
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Hans Hammarsten <
              hanshammarsten2002@y...> wrote:
              > Tom don't forget the unpainted gray wood parts :-)
              > Have fun
              > Cheers
              > Hans

              Hans,
              That's what I have so far.The whole thing is painted "bare wood" right now. I
              need to go back and dry brush more lighter tan. The dark will stay in the grain.
              Then, it will get a green coat of paint - stippled and brushed on. Still needs the
              roof and "hoods"(?), plus the horn and fire extinguisher. Oh yes - I need the
              sanders also.The door is modeled in the open position. Photos very soon
              now.

            • Hans Hammarsten
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
                (Hans jumping up and down)
                Ooh I can't wait...
                Good luck
                Hans

                ---------------------------------

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
                  tomyorke@... writes:

                  Steve,
                  I can certainly see why you would be interested in this little thing. When I
                  first
                  viewed it about three years ago, I couldn't believe my eyes! Been collecting
                  data on it for that long. I have no idea how many might sell, but it looks
                  great
                  (even unfinished) running along my little section of Gn15 trackage. Next
                  step
                  is to mix up some green paint.

                  Yeah it does grab you, I first came across a sketch of it in a german
                  magazine about 12 years ago and it has been lurking in the mind ever since. Looking
                  forward to seeing the finished model.

                  Steve

                • Bob Walter
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
                    Tom - when is the next run of the turntable? Bob Walter
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
                      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Walter" <b-walter@p...> wrote:
                      > Tom - when is the next run of the turntable? Bob Walter

                      Bob,
                      It will be this fall.

                      Tom
                    • Paul
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005

                        > In addition to the Bordello as a complete package, I will do a
                        small run of two
                        > separate stores made from Bordello parts for those that don't need
                        or want the
                        > larger building. One will be the tiny little building next door. I
                        will do a special
                        > wall for it so it can stand alone. The other will be the single
                        story Quitman
                        > Store. These two will be ready about end of summer and in a small
                        batch
                        > each.

                        Tom,

                        How do I get on the list for these 2 buildings? Will thee walls be
                        Hydrocal stone/brick work?

                        I received my O-107 kit. I love your stone/brick work. Buildings
                        like this are why I started buying your kits.

                        Paul
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
                          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <RichardATSF@a...> wrote:

                          > > In addition to the Bordello as a complete package, I will do a
                          > small run of two
                          > > separate stores made from Bordello parts for those that don't need
                          > or want the
                          > > larger building. One will be the tiny little building next door. I
                          > will do a special
                          > > wall for it so it can stand alone. The other will be the single
                          > story Quitman
                          > > Store. These two will be ready about end of summer and in a small
                          > batch
                          > > each.
                          >

                          > Tom,
                          >
                          > How do I get on the list for these 2 buildings? Will thee walls be
                          > Hydrocal stone/brick work?
                          >
                          > I received my O-107 kit. I love your stone/brick work. Buildings
                          > like this are why I started buying your kits.
                          >
                          > Paul

                          Paul,
                          Those two structures will be resin to represent wood. The tiny one is on a
                          concrete base and the interior is a tiled floor. The larger building, the Quitman
                          Store is all frame with brick pier foundation and gas pump. Corrugated
                          roofing. It will be a little different from the Bordello top half and will have
                          wooden shutters, special signs and decals, plus brick chimneys, a wooden
                          porch and a rear door with steps. Oh yes, there will be TWO screen doors
                          included! But, I'll announce those a little later.

                        • Ray Keck
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 29, 2005
                            Tom-
                            Sounds as if these buildings might be useful even if one has the
                            Bordello, yes? Will they be too recognizable as the same structure?
                            Back in my hometown of Petaluma, I'd see almost identical buildings
                            from that period, in different areas. Obviously somebody would re-use
                            the same plans. Anyway, keep us posted...
                            Ray

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 30, 2005
                              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@s...> wrote:
                              > Tom-
                              > Sounds as if these buildings might be useful even if one has the
                              > Bordello, yes? Will they be too recognizable as the same structure?
                              > Back in my hometown of Petaluma, I'd see almost identical buildings
                              > from that period, in different areas. Obviously somebody would re-use
                              > the same plans. Anyway, keep us posted...
                              > Ray

                              Ray,
                              I hope they will be of use. While most of the major wall pieces will be identical
                              to those in the Bordello, details will differ. Finish will also do a lot to make
                              things look different. The facades will be a little different also.