Sonora Store

  • Timothy W. Godfrey
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 15, 2005
      I have a HO Sonora Store that I built years ago.

      During a series of moves, I have lost two of the “cast Iron” shutters.

      Are these available from anywhere?

      Thanks for your help.

      Tim Godfrey

      G. S. I. Inc.
      MANUFACTURING & DISTRIBUTING AEROSPACE LIGHTING
      3051 Pine Street
      Clearwater, Florida 33763-0914
      (727) 799-4916 (727) 7240212 (fax)
      gsiinc@... www.gsilight.com

    • Darryl Huffman
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 15, 2005
        Tim,

        Back in 1973, MDC/Roundhouse made some modular doors that I think are
        essentially the same. If no one comes up with the right doors, let me know
        as I think I have some of the MDC doors out in the shed. Buried under 30
        years of junk.

        Darryl Huffman
        Anchorage, Alaska

        Don't forget to check out my website at:
        http://www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com

        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 15, 2005
          Tim-
          Grandt Line makes a number of differnebt size iron shutters. Check
          their site at:

          http://www.grandtline.com/

          Ray

          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy W. Godfrey" <gsiinc@k...>

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 15, 2005
            Well, I should have checked first. GL only has a couple of sizes in
            the iron shutters. Tom may remember if that's the door and shutter
            that he used...

            wrote:
            > I have a HO Sonora Store that I built years ago.
            >
            > During a series of moves, I have lost two of the "cast Iron"
            shutters.

            > Are these available from anywhere?
            >
            > Thanks for your help.
            >
            > Tim Godfrey
            >
            > G. S. I. Inc.
            > MANUFACTURING & DISTRIBUTING AEROSPACE LIGHTING
            > 3051 Pine Street
            > Clearwater, Florida 33763-0914
            > (727) 799-4916 (727) 7240212 (fax)
            > gsiinc@k... www.gsilight.com

          • nascar912001
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 15, 2005
              -
              Tim, I have two diffrent sizes of shutters that I think are from the
              Sonora Store. They are painted flat white, but never used. If you want
              them let me know. Roland, Lancaster, Pa

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 15, 2005
                wrote:
                > I have a HO Sonora Store that I built years ago.
                >
                > During a series of moves, I have lost two of the "cast Iron" shutters.
                >
                > Are these available from anywhere?
                >
                > Thanks for your help.
                >
                > Tim Godfrey
                >
                > G. S. I. Inc.
                > MANUFACTURING & DISTRIBUTING AEROSPACE LIGHTING
                > 3051 Pine Street
                > Clearwater, Florida 33763-0914
                > (727) 799-4916 (727) 7240212 (fax)
                > gsiinc@k... www.gsilight.com

                Tim,
                They were Grandt Line door shutters. Still available from them.

              • Timothy W. Godfrey
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 16, 2005
                  Roland,

                  Thanks for your generous offer.

                  If you would please send them to the address below, I would be very
                  grateful.

                  Thanks again.

                  wrote:
                  > I have a HO Sonora Store that I built years ago.
                  >
                  > During a series of moves, I have lost two of the ?cast Iron? shutters.
                  >
                  > Are these available from anywhere?
                  >
                  > Thanks for your help.
                  >
                  > Tim Godfrey
                  >
                  > G. S. I. Inc.
                  > MANUFACTURING & DISTRIBUTING AEROSPACE LIGHTING
                  > 3051 Pine Street
                  > Clearwater, Florida 33763-0914
                  > (727) 799-4916 (727) 7240212 (fax)
                  > gsiinc@k... www.gsilight.com

                  Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Timothy W. Godfrey

                    > I have a HO Sonora Store that I built years ago.
                    >
                    > During a series of moves, I have lost two of the "cast Iron" shutters.
                    >
                    > Are these available from anywhere?
                    >
                    > Thanks for your help.
                    >
                    > Tim Godfrey
                    >
                    > G. S. I. Inc.
                    > MANUFACTURING & DISTRIBUTING AEROSPACE LIGHTING
                    > 3051 Pine Street
                    > Clearwater, Florida 33763-0914
                    > (727) 799-4916 (727) 7240212 (fax)
                    > gsiinc@k... www.gsilight.com

                    Tim,
                    They were Grandt Line door shutters. Still available from them.

                    Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

                    _____

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Joe Melhorn
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 18, 2005
                      >Back in 1973, MDC/Roundhouse made some modular doors that I think are
                      >essentially the same. If no one comes up with the right doors, let me know
                      >as I think I have some of the MDC doors out in the shed. Buried under 30
                      >years of junk.

                      Hey Darryl,

                      Are they out there with those elusive MDC G&D cabooses? :-)

                      Joe Melhorn
                      Orangevale, CA 95662 (near Sacramento)
                      mailto:joe@...
                    • Darryl Huffman

                        >>Back in 1973, MDC/Roundhouse made some modular doors that I think are
                        >>essentially the same. If no one comes up with the right doors, let me
                        >>know
                        >>as I think I have some of the MDC doors out in the shed. Buried under 30
                        >>years of junk.
                        >
                        > Hey Darryl,
                        >
                        > Are they out there with those elusive MDC G&D cabooses? :-)
                        >

                        > Joe Melhorn
                        > Orangevale, CA 95662 (near Sacramento)
                        > mailto:joe@...

                      • ahk93a2
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 28, 2006
                          Tom....I've wanted one of these since I saw one used as HQ for
                          the "Rosebud Mining Co." in the NG&SLG. So I'm in....John Aaron
                        • michael lynch
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 28, 2006
                            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "ahk93a2" <jaaron3@...> wrote:

                            > Tom....I've wanted one of these since I saw one used as HQ for
                            > the "Rosebud Mining Co." in the NG&SLG. So I'm in....John Aaron

                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                            John.....can you tell me what year and months that the ROSEBUD MINING
                            appeared in the gazette.............madmike3434
                          • Gilliedog@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 29, 2006
                              What does this store look like?

                              Angela

                              Message 14 of 21 , May 29, 2006
                                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Gilliedog@... wrote:

                                > What does this store look like?
                                >
                                > Angela

                                Go to the files section. Look up kit list. Then go to Sonora almost down to the bottom of the
                                list.

                                Tom
                              • Jack TREVES
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 29, 2006
                                  I'll take one also.

                                  Jack TREVES
                                • Bob Walter
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 29, 2006
                                    Tom - I will take one. Bob Walter

                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 29, 2006
                                      Tom-

                                      I'd also take a Sonora Store.

                                      Ray

                                      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Walter" <b-walter@...> wrote:

                                      > Tom - I will take one. Bob Walter

                                    • Dennis Brandt
                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 30, 2006

                                        Put me down for one too.

                                        Dennis Brandt

                                        ________________________________

                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 30, 2006
                                          .......... If I do a rerun of this model, and it can't be right now, it will have to be $150 for a
                                          complete updated version which includes signs and all the styrene and resin details
                                          necessary. I can't even think about it until perhaps somewhere around end of summer
                                          though.

                                          Tom
                                        • Clark
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                                            If there can be only one Yorke building on my railroad, it needs to be
                                            a Sonora Store.

                                            Yes--one please.

                                            Clark Musgrove
                                          • michael lynch
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jun 2, 2006
                                              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Clark" <rrmusgrove@...> wrote:

                                              > If there can be only one Yorke building on my railroad, it needs to
                                              be
                                              > a Sonora Store.
                                              >
                                              > Yes--one please.
                                              >
                                              > Clark Musgrove

                                              TOM, by my count that makes 25 people have said by posting on the page
                                              that they want one.
                                              Question......how many " i want one" do you need to have to reproduce
                                              this limited re-run. ?????????????? madmike3434