Re: New member

  • morganhillmodels
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 5, 2005
      Hi Joe,
      Welcome aboard! I am sure your input will be most enjoyable! Your
      modeling has been very inspirational to me over the years.
      Jon
      Morgan Hill Models
      http://www.morganhillmodels.com/
    • joecrea@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 5, 2005
        Thanks for the welcome, Jon.
        Joe

      • Evan & Correne James
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
          Hi, I have just joined this esteemed group.
          I am Even James from Auckland, New Zealand, and am building an 0n30 layout
          at home, based on a fictional, yet feasible narrow gauge railway in the
          north of New Zealand (the warm end) using former American equipment, similar
          to the White Pass and Yukon Railroad during the war.
          Modelling buildings is my main interest, with the trains sort of linking
          everything together. All my buildings are scratch built, either totally, or
          with the use of some commercial parts such as windows, or modular brick
          walls.
          I am also a member of the Auckland 9mm group, which has a 60ft by 30ft
          sectional display layout which is carted around the countryside from time to
          time. This is a New Zealand prototype layout built to 1/34th scale, on which
          everything is scratch built - and I mean everything.
          I started to build my own layout in in that scale, but after some years of
          getting nowhere quite slowly, realised that if I was to have a layout of my
          own I would have to change to a scale where at least I could purchase the
          locos and rolling stock over the counter.
          I am also a volunteer at a local railway museum and during the summer can be
          seen in the cab of a steam loco - I enjoy the firing better than the
          driving.

          cheers

          evan
        • Robert Black
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
            Hi Even,

            Welcome aboard.
            I would like to see some pic's of your buildings, loco's and
            your layout as you get things going.
            It sounds like you have this all figured out down to the last
            board, nut, bolt & washer casting. I like that kind of planing.
            I like to plan mine out to see what will fit and what will not.
            I use AutoCAD for all my plans, I'm in O scale std. gauge and
            On30. As soon as I get my plan finalized I'll be posting it to
            the On30 groups and the O scale groups. I will post it to this
            group as well.
            Are you in any of the On30 groups?
            There is a weathering group that is a great group as well.
            Email me off the list and I'll give you the links to the other
            groups.
            Riding in a real steam engine cab, that's got to be exciting.

            Have a groovy day
            Bob Black
            Train Mania
            www.trainmania.net

            --- Evan & Correne James <bce@...> wrote:

            > Hi, I have just joined this esteemed group.
            > I am Even James from Auckland, New Zealand, and am building an
            > 0n30 layout
            > at home, based on a fictional, yet feasible narrow gauge
            > railway in the
            > north of New Zealand (the warm end) using former American
            > equipment, similar
            > to the White Pass and Yukon Railroad during the war.
            > Modelling buildings is my main interest, with the trains sort
            > of linking
            > everything together. All my buildings are scratch built,
            > either totally, or
            > with the use of some commercial parts such as windows, or
            > modular brick
            > walls.
            > I am also a member of the Auckland 9mm group, which has a 60ft
            > by 30ft
            > sectional display layout which is carted around the
            > countryside from time to
            > time. This is a New Zealand prototype layout built to 1/34th
            > scale, on which
            > everything is scratch built - and I mean everything.
            > I started to build my own layout in in that scale, but after
            > some years of
            > getting nowhere quite slowly, realised that if I was to have a
            > layout of my
            > own I would have to change to a scale where at least I could
            > purchase the
            > locos and rolling stock over the counter.
            > I am also a volunteer at a local railway museum and during the
            > summer can be
            > seen in the cab of a steam loco - I enjoy the firing better
            > than the
            > driving.
            >
            > cheers
            >
            > evan

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Lionel Gazeau
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Evan & Correne James <bce@x> wrote:
              > Hi, I have just joined this esteemed group.
              > I am Even James from Auckland, New Zealand,

              <snip>
              Fancy meeting you here ! Welcome Evan. :>)

              Lionel

              > cheers
              >
              > evan
            • Evan & Correne James
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 6, 2005
                Sorry about the spelling mistake in my own name - it was 4 am and I had just
                finished a 10 hour very busy shift at work (I am in the digital prepress
                side of the printing industry).
                I am a member of On30 Conspiracy, and the Weathering groups. If I am allowed
                I will create a folder in the Files and pop some of my building pics in
                there. I am a city scape fan. I lived in the country for a lot of my life,
                and I probably look at city buildings in a different light than someone who
                has lived among them all his life.
                Joining a museum or vintage railway and getting to work on and play with the
                real thing is something I would recommend to anyone in this hobby.
                A down side, if you can call it that, is that you realise how bad even the
                best model steam loco sound systems are.

                evan

                on 7/10/05 4:43 AM, Robert Black at rjb54us@... wrote:

                > Hi Even,
                >
                > Welcome aboard.
                > I would like to see some pic's of your buildings, loco's and
                > your layout as you get things going.
                > It sounds like you have this all figured out down to the last
                > board, nut, bolt & washer casting. I like that kind of planing.
                > I like to plan mine out to see what will fit and what will not.
                > I use AutoCAD for all my plans, I'm in O scale std. gauge and
                > On30. As soon as I get my plan finalized I'll be posting it to
                > the On30 groups and the O scale groups. I will post it to this
                > group as well.
                > Are you in any of the On30 groups?
                > There is a weathering group that is a great group as well.
                > Email me off the list and I'll give you the links to the other
                > groups.
                > Riding in a real steam engine cab, that's got to be exciting.
                >
                > Have a groovy day
                > Bob Black
                > Train Mania
                > www.trainmania.net
              • Robert Black
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 7, 2005
                  Evan,
                  Create the folder and lets see some pic's. I think you are in
                  all the same groups I'm in.
                  Bob Black

                  http://mail.yahoo.com