Re: [Yorke_Kits] Digest Number 331

  • Doug Rowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi, Larry-
      NICE JOB on the diner! Reminds me of a "gourmet" hot dog & sausage
      stand I found in Ashland, Oregon a number of years ago- it looked like a
      mini replica of a cable car or trolley. It was a trailer set up in a gas station
      turned fast photo shop parking lot- great dogs, too!

      Doug Rowe

      From: "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...>
      2. Re: TONY's Detail Sets
      From: azflyer2001@...
      3. Orders for TONY's parts
      From: "timberbeastmodel" <timberbeast@...>
      4. Re: Orders for TONY's parts
      From: Robert Black <rjb54us@...>
      5. Re: A FEW GNOMY TROLLEYS LEFT
      From: "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...>
      6. Frijole Flats Diorama - In progress pics
      From: Frank Bernard <fbernard@...>
      7. Re: Digest Number 330
      From: "Doug Rowe" <uncaduck04@...>
      8. Re: Frijole Flats Diorama - In progress pics
      From: Fred Mobley <fmobley@...>
      9. Re: Frijole Flats Diorama - In progress pics
      From: "Steve Hale" <steve@...>
      10. Re: Frijole Flats Diorama - In progress pics
      From: "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:07:52 -0000
      From: "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...>
      Subject: Re: My version of Rosita's

      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Rickert" <lrickert@i...> wrote:
      > Fellow Yorkies,
      >
      > I've uploaded 4 photo's of my attempt at building Rosita's. I still have some
      things to do, such as paint touch-ups, weathering, signs, some jiggling to get
      the top and bottom halves to fit properly and a proper foundation. The screen
      door is from Grandt Line, backed with fine screening from PSC, stove pipe
      also from Grandt and the 'turbine' vent from Pine Canyon Scale mModels. I
      haven't picked a name for it yet.

      > Larry Rickert
      > Brooklyn, NY, USA
      > lrickert@i...
      > http://profiles.yahoo.com/lhrickert

      Larry,
      Nice work. That's a good find for the door. I forgot all about the Rico screen
      door! I even have one!!!

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:47:32 -0500
      From: azflyer2001@...
      Subject: Re: TONY's Detail Sets

      Bill,

      Please include a catalog with my order.

      Thanks,
      Travis Handschug

      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:32:02 -0000
      From: "timberbeastmodel" <timberbeast@...>
      Subject: Orders for TONY's parts

      Fellow "Yorkies"... or, are thse "pups"? I will try to be a good
      boy and acknowledge reciept of your messages and orders. My eMail
      seems to be bahaving itself for the last 48 hours, but I had heard
      that my server had his "filter set too high". I think his service
      area is exceeding his capacity!
      Anyway, I am recording all messages, and not to panic, things
      are moving along.

      Bill Roy.. Sec. to Bill Roy / McKenzie Iron & Steel

      Message: 4
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:12:27 -0800 (PST)
      From: Robert Black <rjb54us@...>
      Subject: Re: Orders for TONY's parts

      If only these were in S scale.
      Oh well

      Have a groovy day
      Bob Black

      --- timberbeastmodel <timberbeast@...> wrote:

      > Fellow "Yorkies"... or, are thse "pups"? I will try to be a
      > good
      > boy and acknowledge reciept of your messages and orders. My
      > eMail
      > seems to be bahaving itself for the last 48 hours, but I had
      > heard
      > that my server had his "filter set too high". I think his
      > service
      > area is exceeding his capacity!
      > Anyway, I am recording all messages, and not to panic,
      > things
      > are moving along.
      >
      > Bill Roy.. Sec. to Bill Roy / McKenzie Iron & Steel

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

      Message: 5
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:06:06 -0000
      From: "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...>
      Subject: Re: A FEW GNOMY TROLLEYS LEFT

      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Favre" <jimfavre@b...> wrote:
      > I have SIX Gnomy Trolleys Left
      >
      > THEY ARE $3.00 EACH PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING
      >
      > PAYMENT BY PayPal ONLY
      >
      > Send your order by E-Mail to jimfavre@b...
      >
      > Please include in your E-Mail:
      >
      > The number of Gnomy Trolleycars you wish to buy,
      >
      > YOUR PayPal E-Mail ADDRESS so I can invoice you
      >
      > AND Your NAME and COMPLETE SHIPPING ADDRESS
      >
      > I will send you a PayPal invoice for the total plus shipping & handling
      >
      > As soon as you pay the PayPal invoice your order will be packed and
      shipped
      > by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.
      >
      > NOTE TO THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY ORDERED, THANK YOU, YOUR
      TROLLEYCARS HAVE BEEN TAGGED & BOXED
      > YOUR INVOICE WILL BE SENT WITHIN THE NEXT 2 HOURS. ALL PAID
      INVOICES WILL SHIP TOMORROW MORNING.

      > Cheers,
      > Jim Favre

      Jim,
      You got any more left? I gave my last one away thinking I wouldn't need it.
      Now, I thought of something else to do with one!!!

      Message: 6
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:59:58 -0500
      From: Frank Bernard <fbernard@...>
      Subject: Frijole Flats Diorama - In progress pics

      To All,

      I have just posted some pictures of Tom's O scale Frijole Flats diorama
      under construction. The photos are located in the following folder:

      Enjoy!!!!!

      Frank

      Message: 7
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:27:05 -0800
      From: "Doug Rowe" <uncaduck04@...>
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 330

      Hi, Bill-
      Since others seem to be having trouble with your e-mail, thought
      I would post here as well-

      I believe you have me down for a set of details for Tony's garage-
      please confirm and I will send paypal tomorrow.

      Doug Rowe
      UncaDuck04@...

      From: "timberbeastmodel" <timberbeast@...>

      Message: 3
      Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:31:33 -0000
      From: "timberbeastmodel" <timberbeast@...>
      Subject: TONY's Garage Details Set

      Okay, Gentlemen:
      The previously announced DETAIL SET for Tom's "TONY's Garage"
      kit will be ready to ship by midweek. The last mold is being
      vulcanized at this time. I have 30 requests, and will pack 33 sets.
      I have the 30 sets reserved in the order your eMails came in, and
      yes, we do PayPal (under my eMail address), or checks/money orders.
      Price is $24.00, plus postage. Priority is $3.85, or First Class at
      $2.50. Foreign postage on request.
      Besides the originally listed items of "scenery-grade" (some
      objects may have minor flaws) include castings of:
      Horse collar, ox-yoke, kerosene/oil cans, milk can, bicycle,
      misc. auto parts (axles, tranny, etc), hard hat, anvil, vice, sack
      of coal, wagon, truck & auto wheels, etc. I have added a Junk-Yard
      Dog, the specific auto grill in the prototype photo, and a grouping
      of enamel signs printed on paper including rare gas brands.

      Patterns for Texas Longhorns are ready and the Navajo/Frijoles
      Flats citizens/Mexicans progress and are being expanded. Patterns
      for the Model 'T' wrecker is about 2/3rds complete, other versions
      to follow, with wagons.

      Bill Roy / McKenzie Iron & Steel
      P.O. Box 41475
      Eugene OR 97404, U.S. of A.

      Message: 8
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:40:24 -0600
      From: Fred Mobley <fmobley@...>
      Subject: Re: Frijole Flats Diorama - In progress pics

      Man, does that make my mouth water. Can hardly wait to get my hands on
      the remaining kits in this series. I'm working on Rosita's diner now ,
      but it will probably be Big Bubba's Bar-B-Q, Burgers and Dogs. The Assay
      office will probably have to change names also for my little SE piney
      woods town.

      Fred Mobley
      Down in 'Bama

      On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:59:58 -0500 Frank Bernard <fbernard@...>
      writes:

      > To All,
      >

      > I have just posted some pictures of Tom's O scale Frijole Flats
      > diorama
      > under construction. The photos are located in the following
      > folder:

      > Enjoy!!!!!
      >

      > Frank

      Message: 9
      Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:15:55 -0000
      From: "Steve Hale" <steve@...>

      Fantastic! Is the dumped '30's car behind Tony's a chopped about die-cast?
      Steve UK.

      > I have just posted some pictures of Tom's O scale Frijole Flats diorama
      > under construction. The photos are located in the following folder:

      > Enjoy!!!!!
      >

      > Frank

      Message: 10
      Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:23:39 -0000
      From: "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...>

      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <steve@s...> wrote:
      > Fantastic! Is the dumped '30's car behind Tony's a chopped about die-cast?
      > Steve UK.

      Steve,
      My friend Richard Denot got me one of these. Its French and is plastic. A
      Citroen. Looks like a typical American car of the 30's. This is one I'll cover in
      detail in the booklets.

      That blue Chevy is a Durham. Weighs about a pound and a half!! When I got it
      years ago, I hated the blue color. So........................there ain't much blue left!