photos posted

  • michael lynch
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2005
      I just uploaded some pictures into the photo section under 2
      titles..........#113 engine house and another "wall parts #114"

      I took some pictures yesterday of the wall castings of 2 of toms
      kits... #114 the power house machine shop which is an addition to the
      main engine house............#113 the 3 stall engine house.
      Both of these kits have outstanding detail to the walls and i thought
      some people would like to see what they look like as these kits very
      rarely appear for sale in the afterworld.
      madmike
    • michael lynch
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        i just created a photo album called....... "#113 + 114 engine house"
        showing 5 assorted pictures of the enginghouse/roundhouse along with
        the power house machine shop. This has all the walls the power house so
        that it can be a 'stand alone' building rather than attached to the
        main building.
        Also note in one interior picture that the creator has made it into a 4
        stall enginehouse rather than a roundhouse. They created all the
        interior detail and the post and beams structure inside, also never in
        the original kit.
        madmike3434
      • Craig Kanewske
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
          Mike---
          Thanks for posting those photos. Both of those builds were very well done. I always enjoy seeing how others can take one of Tom's kits and "reinterpret" it into something very different than the original design. Both of those models are also very well detailed, painted, and weathered. Thanks again for sharing your discovery.

        • michael lynch
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1 10:40 AM
            just posted 5 pictures in the photos section under the title of ......
            WING...CHU...QUON...Golden Laundry.

            I dicked around with the sonora store design and turned it into a
            chinese laundry just for yuks. I also made the dreaded brick to brick
            BUTT JOINT on the sides disappear, by stepping the bricks in 1/32" to
            create a "brick detail". For anybody who still has unbuilt re-issues
            kits i would strongly suggest making this improvement when building
            theirs. ........madmike3434