Re: [Yorke_Kits] Slow Week? HA!

  • Hans Hammarsten
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2005
      You ain't nuttin but a houndDoug ;-))
      It's almost sinful how much a fun somebody on this
      ahere list are havin'
      I'm glad on your behalf...even a lil' bit jealous;-/
      Naaa didn' mean that, but I've been sorta busy to, but
      not in the fun way (when fun spells modelin') I've
      been on a job hunt, even went to
      a-sort-O'-school-on-how-to-know-what-Ya-kin -do, and
      boy was it tiredsome to sit on that thar school bench
      again........but I'll git me self back up in the
      saddle again, Yawl here.
      Life's to fun to hang down the ol' head.
      O...just forgotten to mention, just painted the lil'
      Round Water Tank, Porto Vecchio Tank, Ponte Leccia
      (bridge) and the Turn Table, so metink I've been havin
      me self sum fun to....
      Cheers
      Hans aka Crazy Hank

      --- hdouglas <hdouglas6442@...> skrev:

      ---------------------------------
      Well, lemme see....

      (1) Cleaned out my spare bedroom of all my HO scale,
      and drove it up to my friendly eBay seller. Now, I can
      see all four walls of my spare bedroom again...until I
      fill up the shelves with On30 goodies...heeheehee

      (2) Bid on, and won, a gorgeous Bill Bradford model.
      Bachmann Porter 0-4-2T, that he converted into an
      0-4-4T Forney...

      (3) Purchased three Gnomy street car trailers, to be
      kitbashed into open-air passenger cars, for my South
      Pacific railway.

      (4) Unpacked two boxes of model palm trees from two
      different suppliers...

      (5) Went looking for books of Hawaiian and South
      Pacific railways...

      (6) Continued my propaganda efforts to convert
      burnt-out HO modellers, over to On30!

      I even went to work this week! (I know, I know...but
      you gotta support this hobby somehow...and I haven't
      won the Lottery yet...)

      Methinks there's supposed to be a line in here, about
      "a partridge in a pear tree"...or do I have the wrong
      season?

      Doug Howard
      Brookings, Oregon
      President and Senior Stock Manipulator,
      Saint Andrew Islands Railway

      Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can
      now be found at:

      Terms of Service.
    • swissmdlr
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2005
        Hi, Hans...

        Well, if we wanted some real fun...I could go into the politics of
        the mystical, mythical Saint Andrew Islands...located in mid-Pacific
        Ocean...and how they went from British to US possession, during the
        Great War...now a curious melange of Scottish and US culture...

        Which would explain the curious mixture of railway equipment
        thereon....at least the long-time residents managed to convert the
        Americans...so they say 'railway', not 'railroad'...

        We won't go into the inner politics of the SAIs...and how that
        affected the railway...Tom would throw me off the list...after he
        got through laughing...I hope!

        Cheerfully,

        Doug ;-)
      • Hans Hammarsten
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2005
          Hi Doug, You just gave me an Idea, where to put my
          Hn15 railway Saint Bartholome Island, it ones was a
          Swedish Island but to bad we sold it to France in
          1784..
          But if one should do a fantasy what if history and we
          hadn't sold it of...a Swedish-Caribiean Island
          Railroad. Now thats modelelrs licance.
          Finely I know where my railroad is.
          Thanks Doug.
          Cheers
          Hans
          SBI Rwy & Rio Frito Banana Tram Co Hn15.

          --- swissmdlr <hdouglas6442@...> skrev:

          ---------------------------------

[...]

        • Doug Rowe
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2005
            Group-
            There is now an open discussion group where any of us who want to go
            "off-topic" for a bit can do so freely; the rules of civility and refraining from
            use of profanity & adult content apply, unlike the Underworld.

            Personally, I think it's a great idea - lets us yak about whatever outside
            interests we share (cars, music, motorcycles, cabinet making, barbeque, etc.)
            without bugging others on the various groups we belong to.

            Doug Rowe

            Well, if we wanted some real fun...I could go into the politics of
            the mystical, mythical Saint Andrew Islands...located in mid-Pacific
            Ocean...and how they went from British to US possession, during the
            Great War...now a curious melange of Scottish and US culture...

            Which would explain the curious mixture of railway equipment
            thereon....at least the long-time residents managed to convert the
            Americans...so they say 'railway', not 'railroad'...

            We won't go into the inner politics of the SAIs...and how that
            affected the railway...Tom would throw me off the list...after he
            got through laughing...I hope!

            Cheerfully,

            Doug ;-)

            Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Hans Hammarsten
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2005
              --- Hans Hammarsten <hanshammarsten2002@...>
              skrev:

              ---------------------------------
              Hi Doug, You just gave me an Idea, where to put my
              Hn15 railway Saint Bartholome Island, it ones was a
              Swedish Island but to bad we sold it to France in
              1784..This was wrong

              In 1784 the French traded the island to King Gustav
              III of Sweden in exchange for port rights in Göteborg.
              The king dubbed the capital Gustavia, laid out and
              paved streets, built three forts, and turned the
              community into a prosperous free port. The island
              thrived as a shipping and commercial center until the
              19th century, when earthquakes, fire, and hurricanes
              brought financial ruin. Many residents fled for newer
              lands of opportunity, and Oscar II of Sweden decided
              to return the island to France. After briefly
              considering selling it to America, the French took
              possession of Saint-Barthélemy again on August 10,
              1877.

              OK, this might be a bit off topic but it still makes
              for a good Hn15 Railway groud.
              CHeers
              Hans