Re: [Yorke_Kits] A DIFFERENT KIND OF SHACK

  • Hans Hammarsten
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2004
      Nice boat house Darryl, think the price must be
      affordable. Love those crazy shacks.
      Hope for a fast recovery for You.
      CHeers
      Hans
      --- Darryl Huffman <darrylhuffman@...> skrev:

      ---------------------------------
      Too sick to work, but not too sick to prowl the
      internet, I found this
      unusual shack. I have never seen anything like it.
      Begs to be modeled.

      http://jmcquillen.fotopic.net/p369531.html

      Darryl Huffman
      Anchorage, Alaska

      Check out my web page at
      www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/photo5.html for photos
      of some of my modelbuilding projects.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      Get unlimited calls to

      U.S./Canada

      Terms of Service.
    • wensleyshortline
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2004
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Darryl Huffman <darrylhuffman@a...>
        wrote:
        > Too sick to work, but not too sick to prowl the internet, I found
        this
        > unusual shack. I have never seen anything like it. Begs to be
        modeled.

        > http://jmcquillen.fotopic.net/p369531.html
        >
        > Darryl Huffman
        > Anchorage, Alaska

        Darryl, there is a Halt on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway in The
        Lake District (UK) which is constructed from the bows of a boat. The
        original was boarded (as decking) with an opening and a seat within.
        Only photo I've seen has copyright so can't post it BUT if you visit:
        http://www.avs-avs.freeserve.co.uk/rail/effie/
        you'll find a couple of photos of Miteside Halt.
        GerryB, Essex,UK.
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2004
          darrylhuffman@a...> wrote:
          > Too sick to work, but not too sick to prowl the internet, I found
          this
          > unusual shack. I have never seen anything like it. Begs to be
          modeled.

          > http://jmcquillen.fotopic.net/p369531.html
          >
          > Darryl Huffman
          > Anchorage, Alaska
          >
          > Check out my web page at www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/
          photo5.html for photos
          > of some of my modelbuilding projects.

          Darryl,
          That reminds me of a couple of photos I saw of an out house
          made out of a four door sedan body of about 1930. It was tipped
          up on its cowl and the canvas roof covering and wooden bows
          were removed to allow for a "door". Now THAT was different!!

          Happy model building,
          Tom
        • Darryl Huffman
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2004
            Thanks, Gerry. Great photos of people having fun.

            Some people in the US are now taking small dingies (rowboats) and using them
            for book shelves in their homes.

            I bought a very old one at an auction and put it in my front yard. Shortly
            thereafter I found a syrofoam skeleton of a T Rex that stood about 6 foot
            tall. So I put the skeleton riding in the front of the boat looking
            forward.

            That was in the 1960s/1970s when I did a lot of unusual stuff.

            Darryl Huffman
            Anchorage, Alaska

            Check out my web page at www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/photo5.html for photos
            of some of my modelbuilding projects.
            >> Too sick to work, but not too sick to prowl the internet, I found
            > this
            >> unusual shack. I have never seen anything like it. Begs to be
            > modeled.
            >>
            >> http://jmcquillen.fotopic.net/p369531.html
            >>
            >> Darryl Huffman
            >> Anchorage, Alaska
            >
            > Darryl, there is a Halt on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway in The
            > Lake District (UK) which is constructed from the bows of a boat. The
            > original was boarded (as decking) with an opening and a seat within.
            > Only photo I've seen has copyright so can't post it BUT if you visit:
            > http://www.avs-avs.freeserve.co.uk/rail/effie/
            > you'll find a couple of photos of Miteside Halt.
            > GerryB, Essex,UK.

          • michael lynch
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2004
              <darrylhuffman@a...> wrote:
              > Thanks, Gerry. Great photos of people having fun.
              > Some people in the US are now taking small dingies (rowboats) and
              using them
              > for book shelves in their homes.
              > I bought a very old one at an auction and put it in my front
              yard. Shortly
              > thereafter I found a syrofoam skeleton of a T Rex that stood about
              6 foot
              > tall. So I put the skeleton riding in the front of the boat
              looking forward.
              That was in the 1960s/1970s when I did a lot of unusual stuff.

              > Darryl Huffman
              > Anchorage, Alaska
              DARRYL....that description sounds like something from the school of
              james powell modelling. I bought a couple of 1.48 scale coast
              fishing type boats on ebay a while back. Guess i should open one of
              them up and see what length they are and see if something could be
              conjured up...???.....think they sell on ebay for
              9.95.........madmike