Great structure photos

  • Darryl Huffman
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2013
      This looks like something Tom Yorke would offer as a kit:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/32193811@N03/

      Darryl Huffman
      451 N Evelyn Way
      Star, ID 83669
      darrylhuffman@...

      Want to learn more about weathering?
      http://ghosttownmodels.com/custom3.html
    • Patrick Moore
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2013
        Great photos. That place looks like a "sampler" for carpenters.

        Pat

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2013
          Yes indeed!..Thomas Yorke where art thou?
          Natures 'ART' ready to be recreated in miniature?
          Thanks Darryl.
          Brendan Murphy
          ---- Darryl Huffman <darrylhuffman@...> wrote:
          > This looks like something Tom Yorke would offer as a kit:
          >
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/32193811@N03/
          >
          > Darryl Huffman
          > 451 N Evelyn Way
          > Star, ID 83669
          > darrylhuffman@...
          >
          > Want to learn more about weathering?
          > http://ghosttownmodels.com/custom3.html

          > Yahoo Groups Links

        • ftptfella
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2013
            Gorgeous.  I'm ready to move in.  Where did you find it and where is it located?  Todd

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2013

              Darryl (and all) -

              That's what I was thinking when I shot them as a modeling study. It reminded me of the Walker photograph and subsequent Yorke building kit. I received a archive shot from one of the rr-line members showing the building in it's heyday.

              There aren't many like this one in Michigan and it's sort of tucked off the heavily-trafficked path. Which has maybe saved it.

              Regards,

              Robert (Bob) Daniel

              Chelsea, MI

            • rkdanieljr
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 11, 2013

                It's located almost at the tip of Michigan's "Thumb". If you Google on Kilmanagh, Michigan, you'll find that it is essentially a crossroads (a 4-way stop out here is a major intersection) in the middle of VERY flat farmlands. Kilmanagh, as the name implies, was named after a small town in Ireland. It is not being used, and by the color on the front (faded hippie pink) it looks like since the 1970's.

                Tom, if you ever do want to produce this one, let me know. The originals are much more refined and large. My thinking was that it was too much like a cross between the "Walker" building and the Bordello to pique your fancy. Been there, done that.so to speak.

                Regards,

                Robert (Bob) Daniel

                Chelsea, Michigan

              • Darryl Huffman
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 11, 2013

                  Todd, I did not find the structure.  It was just on the internet is all I know.