Brian Block's visit and his O Scale Bottle House kit

  • darrylhuffman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2013

      Brian Block came to visit me for a few days this week.

      If you don't recognize Brian's name then you should get out some Gazettes
      and look for his beautiful articles.

                  My O Scale Sawtooth Timber Co. - A Logging Diorama
                  in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette July 2009  p. 19

                  Kelly's Bottle House
                  in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette March 2006  p. 28

                  Building a two-stall engine house for my On3 Sawtooth Timber Co.
                  in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette May 2004  p. 24

                  The O scale Hotel Thunderbird bordello and bar
                  in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette January 2002  p. 48

                  My O scale Martinez Mill
                  modeling a derelict ore mill
                  in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette March 2001  p. 33

                  A log loading diorama
                  in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette January 2000  p. 23

                  A Backwoods Sawmill - An award-winning 1/4-inch scale diorama
                  in the Timber Times August 1998  p. 18

      It was a great visit.  We watched model building DVDs and landscape painting
      DVDS while Brian carved some walls for an upcoming kit.

      We spent some of the time talking about and going over his O scale kit for a
      bottle house.

      I have posted a photo of the finished kit on my website here:

      http://ghosttownmodels.com/BottleHouse.html

      This is a beautiful little structure that features cast resin walls which
      allow an interior light to shine out through the "bottles".

      I've told Brian he should sell the kit for $120 so that he can acutally make
      some money on it but he insists on keeping the price at $84.95 for now just
      so he can get more of the kits into the hands of modelers.

      This is Brian's first kit in O scale.

      I have one of the kits and I think it is great.

      Brian says it is mainly wives and girlfriends who have given him feedback as
      they all think the finished model is so "cute".

      I know we all hate that word "cute" but this is something you can suggest to
      your wife as a gift and she will like it when you are done.

      I am not affiliated with Brian in any way other than as a friend.

    • Bill Mugford
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2013
        Hi:

        There's a bottle house like this at the Calico silver mine near Barstow, CA as well.

        Very cool!

        Bill Mugford
        949.609.8295

        Thanks for getting in touch!  I am sometimes traveling and without reliable email.  Please call the above number and leave a message if I do not reply to your email promptly.