TY Book Review

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      I received my copy of Tom Yorke's "Teakettles, Dinkies, & Critters" last week. It is 40+ pages, spiral bound with a nice cover, and features a facinating collection of tiny, weird and funky steam and internal combustion locomotives. The locomotives are illustrated with either color and B&W photos or Tom's wonderful scale drawings. Each one is accompanied with a written narrative describing the origin of the prototype and some brief insight into how it was built. This is a not a detailed, step-by-step but rather basic important information to aid the modeler. There is also some good material on how Tom weathers and distresses these little beasts. Most of the locos are Gn15 scale but there also some in On30 and G scale #1 gauge. But all of the ideas and inspiration can be "Cross-scaled".

      Tom: thanks for the nice read and wonderful eye candy.

    • tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2012
        Thanks Craig!
        You covered the book nicely. I wish I could have included more, but five color pages and binding really adds up fast.
        Tom