NMNG has been busy

  • lchon30
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2012
      These fellows took the Tom Yorke Frijole Flats books and built a town.

      http://nmngmc.shutterfly.com/pictures/349

      Keith G
    • Kjb80401@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2012
        Beautiful, excellent, well done, and all that there. Who's the modeler
        and in what scale?

        Keevan

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2012
          Keith---

          And a nice HO scale town it is! I see some of your little people are there.
          Did you personally build some of the structures? Either that, or somebody
          is doing a good job of copying you copying Tom Yorke.

          CraigK

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2012
            Hi Craig:
            I met the NMNG group at the 30th NNG Convention in St Louis a couple years ago and admired their work. At the time their modules was mostly Colorado theme based. When FF#1 came out, I didn't even make in my mind the NMNG connection with the Customer names when running books to the Post Office as fast as possible.

            It was a surprise that the New Mexico group was able to incorporate a few of my John Allen based HO scale figures into their work. They built all their own structures using fine craftsman methods. I hope they write-up their work in a reputable main stream model railroad publication because it is outstanding and well worth sharing.

            I am looking forward to working with Tom Yorke again on the GBI project.

            Keith G

            > And a nice HO scale town it is!
            > I see some of your little people are there.
            > Did you personally build some of the structures?
            > Either that, or somebody
            > is doing a good job of copying you copying Tom Yorke.
            > CraigK

            > > These fellows took the Tom Yorke Frijole Flats books & built a town.
            > > http://nmngmc.shutterfly.com/pictures/349
            > > Keith G
          • lchon30
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
              Keevan: Good questions - New Mexico Narrow Gauge Modular modelers model in HO scale (roughly 1/87) with a scale 3 feet between the rails - so HOn3 as it is sometimes called. I understand Chilli Caliente is a group effort involving all of the NM modular group members.

              More information here
              http://nmngmc.shutterfly.com/
              with much more information, photographs & video on the clickable links.