Re: Where is everyone

  • Kevin Staddon
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2012
      Hiding in Devon, UK.
      Building up for my part in our local exhibition in a few weeks (no modelling by myself)
      See www.exemrs.co.uk if any one around. Exhibition pages list layouts and traders.
      Kev S

    • Darryl Huffman
      Message 2 of 14 , May 31, 2012

        Many of the groups are pretty dead these days.

        There are so many forums that it is hard to keep up with all the different groups.

        Personally, my lovely bride and I have been in the process of moving to Idaho for almost one full year and we will finally be heading for Idaho on August 15th.

        We had moved to Idaho in April but needed to come back to Alaska to wrap up family business.

        I had moved every single one of my tools to Idaho so I had to go to the hobby shop last week to buy some paint, an Xacto knife and some tweezers just so I didn't go stir crazy.

        But I have also been busy producing a couple of new CDs in the meantime.

        I have a new one on Hump Yard Design, Equipment and Operation:

        http://ghosttownmodels.com/catalog_3.html

        and the 1919 Brownhoist Crane Catalog:

        http://www.ghosttownmodels.com/custom2_1.html%c2%a0

        My plans for the near future are really focused on the Narrow Gauge Convention in Seattle and then the start of my new model building activities in Idaho.

        Gil Flores lives a couple of blocks from me in Idaho and we are kicking around whether to build in O scale or 1/32nd.

        Bottom line, Tom, is that the group may not be really active right now but I think we are all here.

        I haven't heard from Tom Yorke for a while so I have no idea what kind of projects he is working on.

        See you down the road, my friend.

        Darryl Huffman
        12020 Old Seward Highway
        Anchorage, AK 99515