Re: [Yorke_Kits] Nice Groceria, Siles

  • Nicholas Burman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2012
      In Mexico the most used term is "Abarrotes". According to the dictionary
      the term is common all the way down through Central America and into Andean
      South America.

      Abs NB

      On 31 May 2012 03:30, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Keith:
      >
      > I hope you understand I'm just trying to help, but the word Grocer�a
      > just does'n exist in Spanish.
      > The only similar word is Groser�a ( with an S instead of a C) which means
      > 'rudeness', 'grossness', 'discourteous', 'unpolished', 'clownish','
      > clumsiness', etc.
      > It seems the person who thought it deduced Grocery>>>Grocer�a
      > because their similar sound, but are totaly different words.
      > The spanish translation for "Grocery" is in general: "Especier�as",
      > "V�veres", "Comestibles"; in some cases "Ultramarinos" and in most Latin
      > American countries "Verduler�a".
      >
      > I hope this helps.
      >
      > Daniel
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Julie Lebow
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2012
        Gents,

        Daniel , Groseria?!

        I had no idea you knew my relatives!!

        Phil L
      • lchon30
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2012
          Thanks Daniel.
          Will see about getting that changed right away. I apologize for my error.

          Keith

          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso wrote:

          > Keith:
          > I hope you understand I'm just trying to help, but the word Grocerí
          > a just does'n exist in Spanish.
          > It seems the person who thought it deduced  Grocery>>>Grocería
          > because their similar sound, but are totaly different words.
          > The spanish translation for "Grocery" is in general: "Especierí
          > as", "Víveres", "Comestibles"; in some cases "Ultramarinos" and
          > in most  Latin American countries "Verdulería".
          > I  hope this helps.
          > Daniel
        • daniel caso
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2012
            Keith:

                 No need to apologiza. If you need some language reference for future "latino" proyects just let me know.

                                 Daniel