Nice Groceria, Siles

  • lchon30
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2012
      Siles accepted the challenge we posted last year for Frijole Flats.
      He has built and posted a picture of his version of the FF Building on the North end of Main street. He had just enough room to clear the narrow gauge tracks beyond the store without RR damage. This completes the downtown building section on Siles RR including the World famous Yorke Bordello in scale.

      To find pictures:
      Go to Yahoo Groups Yorke_kits site and click on New Photos,
      OR search the photos for the "Siles Buildings" files,
      OR search the photos for the creator "siles92844",

      Posting active links to the Yahoo Photos section does not work anymore.

      I have a VERY few copies (3) of both FF#1 and FF#2 re-printed 1:64 that can be be built in S or resized as Siles has done to HO scale. If you act fast $20 each, plus shipping (+20% savings, spiral binding included FREE). Offline replies are best, and if I run out, earliest email date stamp wins.

      Regards
      Keith G
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2012
        Keith: we had a challenge? I must have been asleep in class when the
        announcement was made. Wouldn't be the first time...

        Siles: nice HO interpretations of Tom's FF designs. You did a good job of
        shoehorning everything in and still leaving room for a train.

        CraigK

        > Siles accepted the challenge we posted last year for Frijole Flats.
        > He has built and posted a picture of his version of the FF Building on the
        > North end of Main street. He had just enough room to clear the narrow
        > gauge tracks beyond the store without RR damage. This completes the
        > downtown building section on Siles RR including the World famous Yorke
        > Bordello in scale.
        >
        > To find pictures:
        > Go to Yahoo Groups Yorke_kits site and click on New Photos,
        > OR search the photos for the "Siles Buildings" files,
        > OR search the photos for the creator "siles92844",
        >
        > Posting active links to the Yahoo Photos section does not work anymore.
        >
        > I have a VERY few copies (3) of both FF#1 and FF#2 re-printed 1:64 that
        > can be be built in S or resized as Siles has done to HO scale. If you act
        > fast $20 each, plus shipping (+20% savings, spiral binding included FREE).
        > Offline replies are best, and if I run out, earliest email date stamp
        > wins.
        >
        > Regards
        > Keith G

      • daniel caso
        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2012
          Keith:

                I hope you understand I'm just trying to help, but the word Grocería just does'n exist in Spanish.
          The only similar word is Grosería ( with an S instead of a C) which means 'rudeness', 'grossness', 'discourteous', 'unpolished', 'clownish',' clumsiness', etc.
                It seems the person who thought it deduced  Grocery>>>Grocería  because their similar sound, but are totaly different words.
                 The spanish translation for "Grocery" is in general: "Especierías", "Víveres", "Comestibles"; in some cases "Ultramarinos" and in most  Latin American countries "Verdulería".

                 I  hope this helps.

                                Daniel

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2012
            In Mexico the most used term is "Abarrotes". According to the dictionary
            the term is common all the way down through Central America and into Andean
            South America.

            Abs NB

            On 31 May 2012 03:30, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Keith:
            >
            > I hope you understand I'm just trying to help, but the word Grocer�a
            > just does'n exist in Spanish.
            > The only similar word is Groser�a ( with an S instead of a C) which means
            > 'rudeness', 'grossness', 'discourteous', 'unpolished', 'clownish','
            > clumsiness', etc.
            > It seems the person who thought it deduced Grocery>>>Grocer�a
            > because their similar sound, but are totaly different words.
            > The spanish translation for "Grocery" is in general: "Especier�as",
            > "V�veres", "Comestibles"; in some cases "Ultramarinos" and in most Latin
            > American countries "Verduler�a".
            >
            > I hope this helps.
            >
            > Daniel
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Julie Lebow
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2012
              Gents,

              Daniel , Groseria?!

              I had no idea you knew my relatives!!

              Phil L
            • lchon30
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2012
                Thanks Daniel.
                Will see about getting that changed right away. I apologize for my error.

                Keith

                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso wrote:

                > Keith:
                > I hope you understand I'm just trying to help, but the word Grocerí
                > a just does'n exist in Spanish.
                > It seems the person who thought it deduced  Grocery>>>Grocería
                > because their similar sound, but are totaly different words.
                > The spanish translation for "Grocery" is in general: "Especierí
                > as", "Víveres", "Comestibles"; in some cases "Ultramarinos" and
                > in most  Latin American countries "Verdulería".
                > I  hope this helps.
                > Daniel
              • daniel caso
                Message 7 of 7 , May 31, 2012
                  Keith:

                       No need to apologiza. If you need some language reference for future "latino" proyects just let me know.

                                       Daniel