ACS#4

  • tom
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
      I am approaching the end of this project. If you have not received your kit yet please contact me off line at tomyorke@... so I can move on to the next item.

      The next item(s) will be the Frijole Flat Hacienda and the Mission. If you are awaiting either or both of these models, please email me at tomyorke@.... Title your email Hacienda or Mission please. As soon as these are done, I will move on to another. Slowly I will get there. Thanks for your assistance.

      Tom
    • tom
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2011
        I have received some more responses for the ACS-4's. I will return to those in a week as I am finishing up the Santa Barbara SP Depot for delivery at the end of this week. The rest of the cars will be finished the following week and then on to new (old) things
        .
        Tom

      • elist@ribbonrail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2011
          Here is mine. A bit more weathering but other then that it's
          finished. This guy took good care of his truck and his wife
          reupholstered the seat for a birthday present :-)

          http://rdsrr.com/Pix/yorke_truck_01.jpg

          http://rdsrr.com/Pix/yorke_truck_02.jpg

          http://rdsrr.com/Pix/yorke_truck_03.jpg

          Regards,

          Dan

          Richmond, Danville & Southern - Route of the Mariner
          <http://rdsrr.com>http://rdsrr.com

        • madmike3434
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
            thats a real nice piece of work !!!!

            mike

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2011
              Dan---

              Nice build on the truck. And quick, too! (I still haven't built ACS #1)
              ;-}

              Craig

              > Here is mine. A bit more weathering but other then that it's
              > finished. This guy took good care of his truck and his wife
              > reupholstered the seat for a birthday present :-)
              >
              > http://rdsrr.com/Pix/yorke_truck_01.jpg
              >
              > http://rdsrr.com/Pix/yorke_truck_02.jpg
              >
              > http://rdsrr.com/Pix/yorke_truck_03.jpg
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Dan
              >
              > Richmond, Danville & Southern - Route of the Mariner
              > <http://rdsrr.com>http://rdsrr.com

            • Carl
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 20, 2011
                TOM--E-mailed you off list but didn't get a response, so I'll try on-line. Haven't received my ACS#4 yet. Can I assume it will be shipped after the first if the year? Thanks (and glad your tests came out fine).Happy Holidays!!!--CARL

                Carl G. Camann
                Atlanta, Georgia
              • tom
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 27, 2011
                  I should be shipping this week Carl.
                  Tom

                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <cgcamann@...> wrote:

                  > TOM--E-mailed you off list but didn't get a response, so I'll try on-line. Haven't received my ACS#4 yet. Can I assume it will be shipped after the first if the year? Thanks (and glad your tests came out fine).Happy Holidays!!!--CARL
                  >
                  > Carl G. Camann
                  > Atlanta, Georgia

                • eckanewske
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 14, 2012
                    I received my ACS#4 kit on Thursday. As usual, Tom's castings, instructions, and drawings are very well done. Thanks Tom.

                    I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the USSR diecast donor vehicle. The detail and close-to-scale thinness of the castings remind me of a Rio brand vehicle. I've seen some Iron Curtain diecast that was more Tootsie Toy quality---this one is at the other end of the spectrum.

                    I had the foresight to by an extra vehicle from Tom and I'm glad. Although I'm tempted to weather it up and use it on the On30 Hill Country Outlaws modular layout---with a suitable narrative about some mysterious, eccentric European immigrant to Central Texas---a quick glance at Tom's Industrial Railway Sketchbook, Vol. 3 has given me some other ideas.

                    Craig Kanewske
                    Austin