S scale kits

  • arrphoto
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2011
      I was searching the archive for info on the S scale kits. I know Tom produced at least two as that's what I have. Were there others?

      Curt Fortenberry
    • tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2011
        No others Curt. The last offering was incorrectly labeled an Art Deco building by someone in S and that killed the market. It was definitely NOT an Art Deco design being built about 1900. In fact, the term Art Deco wasn't coined until about 1950 for the style popular in the 30's. The fact that it had an arched window lead this person and then many people into thinking it Art Deco. Wrong! But that was enough to dampen my attitude towards S and so no more structures were ever produced.
        Tom