What am I up to... ?

  • tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2011
      A new photo file is about to be posted under Custom Work. The station is a model of the SP depot in Glendale, CA for a client. It is all scratch built from BalsaFoam and wood with styrene for the massive entryway. That is a casting as I needed two. What a job!! Got about two more weeks work to do yet but it is all down hill from here.

      The vehicles are all junk cars for sale and will be featured on the web site soon.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2011
        Tom---

        The depot is just fantastic! Especially the entryway! I can't imagine how
        you did that. Well, I can imagine---but still.... And the wall texture is
        superb.

        I can't wait to see more (and close-ups) photos when you are finished.

        Shipping this oughta be fun...

        The junk cars are great, too---as always.

        >A new photo file is about to be posted under Custom Work. The station is a
        >model of the SP depot in Glendale, CA for a client. It is all scratch built
        >from BalsaFoam and wood with styrene for the massive entryway. That is a
        >casting as I needed two. What a job!! Got about two more weeks work to do
        >yet but it is all down hill from here.
        >
        > The vehicles are all junk cars for sale and will be featured on the web
        > site soon.

      • Kevin
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011
          Any eta on the next installment of Frijole Flats sketchbook?

          Kevin H.

          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

          > A new photo file is about to be posted under Custom Work. The station is a model of the SP depot in Glendale, CA for a client. It is all scratch built from BalsaFoam and wood with styrene for the massive entryway. That is a casting as I needed two. What a job!! Got about two more weeks work to do yet but it is all down hill from here.
          >
          > The vehicles are all junk cars for sale and will be featured on the web site soon.
          > Tom

        • tom
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
            Yes - by the weekend!