OK - my turn...........

  • tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2011
      I've been working on a custom 1/4" model of the old Southern Pacific Glendale, CA Depot. Its Mission Style and completely done from scratch. About half of the work was focused around the entryway which is very ornate, to say the least. I am going to cast that unit. After spending all that time on just that one piece, I'd like to be able to recreate it from resin if I ever have to. No desire to build another from scratch again!

      The whole depot had to be reduced to fit an existing space allotment, so some details had to be changed a little to make things look right. Its still 24" in length! Built with the aid of photos, no drawings or dimensions whatsoever. In fact, I certainly could have used more photos for this project, but you work with what you've got.

      I am pretty much sequestered right now on this project as it must be delivered the 18th of next month. Now the fun of actual assembly can proceed. The doors and windows are molded and will be cast today and the walls will start being carved from BalsaFoam.
      Tom
    • joe3
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2011
        My 2 cents......

        Too hot to work upstairs on the layout...I live in Texas where we have been baking the last couple months!
        Our local RR club in Jefferson, TX has been working with the estate of R.D. Moses to bring his terrific layout from Fort Worth to our local museum. Check out his wonderful work on YOU TUBE. Search: RD Moses' HO scale Texas & Pacific Railway
        Been busy putting the finishing touches together for my clinic on realistic waterfalls at the NATIONAL NARROW GAUGE CONVENTION next month.
        Tom, I still have 5 of your kits to finish for my Mexican Village. Hope to finally meet you at the convention!
        Joe Hedl