Re: Turntable

  • madmike3434
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2011
      Thanks Terry, this was done 4-5 years ago. I remember that it was a concor plastic turntable about 13--15" that was cannibalised for its bridge mechanism. Was a steel T style bar along with a pole that had electrical wipers/contacts on it. We also used the wheels from the pit rails on the ends of the bridge for the bridge to roll on its simulated concrete base. Had a big problem getting it to roll around flat as it wanted to lift one end. After a lot of head scratching it was determined i needed to add a 2nd set screw on oppossite side to guide the wiper pole evenly from both sides.

      The power unit is a digital command 24 position unit with gears. I got it off ebay for around a $100.00 on an auction. The seller kept trying to get $140--150 for them and people were not biting. He put one on no reserve and i was the top last seconds bidder. He then revered to the $140 price & soon after that he stopped offering them on ebay. Not really sure who the seller was in OHIO.

      Its been sitting balenced on the motor drive, on my cabinet , in the living room safely away from hands and elbows. I have test run it a few times to make sure it all worked right and have left it alone. Thinking about it, not sure where the telephone plug in set is to control the operations is ??????????
      mike