Narrow Trak 10

  • Frank Pearsall
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
      Announcing...

      On Friday and Saturday, October 8 and 9, 2010 you�re invited to
      gather in Brevard, North Carolina for Narrow Trak 10. This annual narrow gauge and logging mini-convention will be help at the Transylvania County Recreation Center located at 1078 Ecusta Road, (behind Pisgah Forest Elementary School). Going West on Highway Route 64, turn left onto Ecusta Road (just AFTER the Lowe�s and BEFORE the Holiday Inn). Convention hours are:

      Friday, October 8, 2009, 1 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

      Saturday, October 9, 2009, 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

      Your convention will feature camaraderie, displays, operating modules, popular-vote model contest, seminars and Saturday night music.

      THE FIRST SEMINAR WILL START AT 2:30 P.M., FRIDAY AFTERNOON. We�ll be there in plenty of time for everyone to get in, greet each other and get your seats for the seminars.

      Some of your weekend seminar presenters include:

      Matt Baumgartner�Ritter Lumber Company
      Johnny Graybeal�ET&WNC, NNGC 2011 Presentation
      Jerry Ledford�Suncrest and Champion Logging Companies
      Mark Nickelson�vehicles on your narrow gauge layout
      Frank Pearsall�Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
      Larry Smith, MMR�Scenery on your model railroad
      Jim Thurston�Little River Railway logging
      Tom Yorke�Painting, staining and weathering

      The popular-vote model contest will consist of:

      Motive power
      Rolling stock
      Structure
      Diorama

      On Saturday night, October 9th, we will have Roy Chapman and his
      group, True Blue Grass for your entertainment. If you�ve never heard
      bluegrass, you�re in for a treat. If you already love bluegrass,
      you�re going to hear music in the finest Bill Monroe tradition.

      Manufacturers, publishers, dealers: contact us for your registration
      package.

      For any other information, contact us at: narrowtrak@... or

      Narrow Trak 10
      11 Owen St, Ste 104
      Brevard, NC 28712-7725

      Narrow Trak 10 Individual Registration form

      Your name:____________________________________

      Spouse�s name:________________________________

      Address:______________________________________

      City, St, Zip:________________________________

      Phone number:(_________)______________________

      E-mail:_______________________________________

      Primary scale:________________________________

      Your registration @$20.00:__________

      Spouse registration @$12.00:________

      Total:__________

      Make check or m.o. payable to Frank A. Pearsall. Send to:

      Narrow Trak 10
      11 Owen St., Ste 104
      Brevard, NC 28712-7725

      Some places to stay in Brevard:

      Hampton Inn, 275 Forest Gate Center, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768-7710
      1-800 426-7866, 828 883-4800, www.hamptoninn.com

      Holiday Inn Express, 2228 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-7676
      1-800 465-4329, 828 862-8900, www.holiday-inn.com

      Inn at Brevard, 315 E. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3834
      828 884-2105

      The Inn on Main Street, 243 W. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3607
      828 884-4770 (used to be Womble Inn)

      Rodeway Inn, 210 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-3490
      1-877 424-6423, 828 862-4200

      Sunset Motel, 415 S. Broad St., Brevard, NC 28712-4009
      828 884-9106

      Frank Pearsall
      Brevard, N.C.
      Narrow Trak 10 (Oct 8, 9, 2010)

      Frank Pearsall
      Brevard, N.C.
      Narrow Trak 10
      (Oct 8, 9, 2010)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2010
        Can't wait Frank! Are the dancing girls going to be there again this year? That was always a high point.

        Tom

        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Frank Pearsall <plans@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > Spouse registration @$12.00:________
        >

        > Total:__________
        >
        > Make check or m.o. payable to Frank A. Pearsall. Send to:
        >
        > Narrow Trak 10
        > 11 Owen St., Ste 104
        > Brevard, NC 28712-7725
        >
        > Some places to stay in Brevard:
        >
        > Hampton Inn, 275 Forest Gate Center, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768-7710
        > 1-800 426-7866, 828 883-4800, www.hamptoninn.com
        >
        > Holiday Inn Express, 2228 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-7676
        > 1-800 465-4329, 828 862-8900, www.holiday-inn.com
        >
        > Inn at Brevard, 315 E. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3834
        > 828 884-2105
        >
        > The Inn on Main Street, 243 W. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3607
        > 828 884-4770 (used to be Womble Inn)
        >
        > Rodeway Inn, 210 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-3490
        > 1-877 424-6423, 828 862-4200
        >
        > Sunset Motel, 415 S. Broad St., Brevard, NC 28712-4009

      • Frank Pearsall
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 27, 2010
          Tom:

          You bet...

          I'm looking forward to this year as it's always good to see everyone. Jerry Ledford is doing his presentation on Friday night (instead of Saturday morning), so you and your three cohorts meandering up from the deep south better meander a little faster... The logging operation (Suncrest) he's covering is west of Brevard (out U.S. 64, then N.C. 215). It's near Cold Mountain (yes, the same one from the book and subsequent movie). The town there was called Sunburst and it's now covered over by a lake. I suppose you could do a Ralph Railfan trip up there, but there wouldn't be much to see.

          I'm going to the NNGC convention in September, so if you've got any flyers you want me to take, get 'em out to me.

          Frank Pearsall
          Brevard, N.C.
          Narrow Trak 10
          (Oct 8, 9, 2010)