new " How -to" dvd on weathering steam locos - without an airbrush

  • sidehackracer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2010
      Gang-
      I just finished watching a new DVD release from Darryl Huffman
      " Weathering Bachmann Steam Locomotives" He shows how to weather 4 different locos, including the On30 2-6-0 and the On30 Shay.

      I really enjoyed how he explained WHY certain areas would have weathered in a particular way, how colors work, and where to
      look for photos for weathering inspiration.

      His narration and step by step directions, are going to get lots of folks( who might otherwise be intimidated by the incorrect assumption of needing to use an airbrush )to start making their locos look like the real thing, after they see what can be accomplished
      with a couple bottles of paint and a paintbrush over a couple of evenings just by following
      your simple techniques.

      For anyone who wants to go beyond "playing with trains" to railroad modeling, this video is a great place to start !

      Available here-
      <http://darrylhuffman.50megs.com/whats_new_3.html>

      Now, where did I put that green box ? Time to get painting !

      Usual disclaimer- no affiliation other than happy customer !
      Doug Rowe,
      Sparks, NV