#505 saltie sams seafood emporium

  • madmike3434
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 22, 2010
      just posted 12 pictures of my latest O scale scratch build in the photos section under the title....#505 saltie sams seafood emporium.

      madmike3434
    • Elliott Thomas
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
        Good job.

        Elliott
        Maine
      • UncaDuck50@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
          Sweet !  Mike, the detail you put into your builds is amazing- this one really captures the
          feeling of the late 20's - early 30's era.

           Thanks for sharing your masterpieces with us !

          Doug

          'The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." --Ronald Reagan
        • Patrick Moore
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
            Mike,

            Looks great.

            What trees are you using. I'm having trouble finding some tall enough.

            Pat

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
              Uncaduck.......thanks, just trying to have some fun building stuff as always. Besides the tiger shark for the sign, i also have a large mermaid in rubber and a fantasic bobblehead black and white heffer cow with the craziest grin on its face. I call her the HAMMERED HEFFER, because she or he ? looks drunk. Was not sure if this was going to be seafood or maybe a steak house, but the great name of saltie sam won out. I got an idea for turning OUISI's bar into an oyster bar or another seafood place with the mermaid on the roof.....we shall see.

              Patrick, i bought 10 of those 11 inch tall spruce trees at a narrow guage train show, i really like the 2 dead ones i bought ...cost was $10.00 each with possible discounts ?? for a large quantity from.......MountainView Depot...hamilton Ontario
              Lee and Dave Burroughs tele--1--905-516-9119 9--6 pm E S T
              sales at mountainviewdepot dot com
              www.mountainviewdepot.com ... ?

              A friend of mine also bought some and he has now figured out how to make them himself, says costs him around a $1.00 each.

              mike lynch---------madmike3434

              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Moore <prmo@...> wrote:

              > Mike,
              >
              > Looks great.
              >
              > What trees are you using. I'm having trouble finding some tall enough.
              >
              > Pat

            • dwain wright
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
                Hi mike-
                like the seafood emporium, i like using found objects to add fun and interest.  when i grew up there was a lot of that stuff in calif and arizona posing as businesses.  attached is a similiar one i made, i thought it was cool, not sure if the owner which i made about 100 kits for thought so, he's pretty conservative.

                used to built model rockets as a kid, so these were fun..HO scale.
                dwain

                ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ====

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 24, 2010
                  Mike,

                  Thanks for the tree info. I'll give them a call.

                  Pat

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 24, 2010
                    TO SEE DWAINS 5 PICTURES CLICK ON THE ATTACHMENTS, RIGHT BELOW THE POST IN THE LEFT SIDE HEADER/MARGIN/INDEX BAR.

                    Great stuff Dwain, looks like it was a fun build. Take it the character on the roof was the store owner.

                    Dwain and i may produce an O scale kit in hydrocal, as dwain is a master carver of hydrocal for brick and stonework.
                    mike

                    =========================

                    --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, dwain wright <fong4lai@...> wrote:

                    > Hi mike-
                    > like the seafood emporium, i like using found objects to add fun and interest.  when i grew up there was a lot of that stuff in calif and arizona posing as businesses.  attached is a similiar one i made, i thought it was cool, not sure if the owner which i made about 100 kits for thought so, he's pretty conservative.
                    >
                    > used to built model rockets as a kid, so these were fun..HO scale.
                    > dwain

                  • Davisito d
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 24, 2010
                      The Hammered Heffer - ha ha

                      Looks good Mike.
                      It just needs a fish sign over the door.