Another update

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2009
      By now the first of you should have received your Kitchen or back order. I managed to get the first group out last Wednesday and returned home not feeling too well. By 7 in the evening I knew I wasn't feeling well at all. The past five days I have been recovering from a bad case of stomach flu. Today is the first day I will be back at it full time after being able to spend a couple of hours yesterday working. Not a good time at all. My weight went down 10 pounds in 16 hours! Wish I could keep it off.

      I have to work this kind of systematically so it will take the rest of this year to get most of the items out. I won't be able to do everything but I should be able to put a large dent in things and get FF and Pepito's at least caught up along with some other things. Rubbles, the shovels, ACS#4 and Cemeteries are still being worked on and will follow as soon as enough castings have been collected.

      As I've stated earlier, the website will be modified to reflect only that which IS in stock. Obviously I am in a catch 22 type of situation - I cannot sell if I do not ship and I cannot ship unless I sell, so I am working diligently to ship all that I can as soon as I can.

      There will be a new item sometime soon. It is a 24' single side dump cane car in resin. A delicate representation of a double truck car not recommended for children under about 45! I will do one run of these when I can and then they will be listed on the site. They will be followed by a molasses tank car and a bay window caboose plus a basic flat. All cars are of steel construction and are resin kits. More later.

      Today is packaging time and Kitchens. First things first. Tomorrow will be back orders and so on until I can finish the orders.

      Tom
    • wilbur12000
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2009
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "tomyorkethebigstuff" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

        > By now the first of you should have received your Kitchen or back order. I managed to get the first group out last Wednesday and returned home not feeling too well. By 7 in the evening I knew I wasn't feeling well at all. The past five days I have been recovering from a bad case of stomach flu. Today is the first day I will be back at it full time after being able to spend a couple of hours yesterday working. Not a good time at all. My weight went down 10 pounds in 16 hours! Wish I could keep it off.
        >
        > I have to work this kind of systematically so it will take the rest of this year to get most of the items out. I won't be able to do everything but I should be able to put a large dent in things and get FF and Pepito's at least caught up along with some other things. Rubbles, the shovels, ACS#4 and Cemeteries are still being worked on and will follow as soon as enough castings have been collected.
        >
        > As I've stated earlier, the website will be modified to reflect only that which IS in stock. Obviously I am in a catch 22 type of situation - I cannot sell if I do not ship and I cannot ship unless I sell, so I am working diligently to ship all that I can as soon as I can.
        >
        > There will be a new item sometime soon. It is a 24' single side dump cane car in resin. A delicate representation of a double truck car not recommended for children under about 45! I will do one run of these when I can and then they will be listed on the site. They will be followed by a molasses tank car and a bay window caboose plus a basic flat. All cars are of steel construction and are resin kits. More later.
        >
        > Today is packaging time and Kitchens. First things first. Tomorrow will be back orders and so on until I can finish the orders.
        >

        > Tom

        Tom - a note of thanks -- my Kitchen showed up yesterday -- as always, a great building to look forward to building. THanks for hanging in there !!

        Jim Baugh