Re: [Yorke_Kits] personal note to the group

  • Mike Bauers
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
      Oh my,

      I only know Daryl a little, and he is a very calm, mellow type of
      guy. He is definitely the sort of fellow I wished lived much closer
      to me and could have frequent pleasant conversations as we bump into
      each other at the local model railroad events.

      This is a bad indicator of a trend...........

      Best to ya'
      Mike Bauers
      Milwaukee Wi, USA

      On Dec 7, 2009, at 11:08 PM, dlhuffman wrote:

      > Friends,
      >
      > I signed on as a co-moderator of this group a couple of years ago
      > when it
      > was in danger of going down in flames.
      >
      > However, things have deteriorated to the point that I can no
      > longer, in good
      > conscience, continue to serve as a mediator or moderator of this
      > group.
      >
      > I truly hope the day will come when the group goes back to being a
      > group
      > about building Yorke kits............
    • Bob Walter
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
        Thank you Darryl. Bob Walter
      • Steve Hale
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
          I'd like to thank you Daryl for the work and effort that you have put into the group.
          I too wished that the group had gone in the direction of building Tom's kits and exchanging experiences but sadly it was not to be.
          Steve UK.

          On Dec 7, 2009, at 11:08 PM, dlhuffman wrote:

          > Friends,
          >
          > I signed on as a co-moderator of this group a couple of years ago
          > when it
          > was in danger of going down in flames.
          >
          > However, things have deteriorated to the point that I can no
          > longer, in good
          > conscience, continue to serve as a mediator or moderator of this
          > group.
          ............ .........

          > I truly hope the day will come when the group goes back to being a
          > group
          > about building Yorke kits........ ....

        • madmike3434
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2009
            steve, i posted pictures of every yorke kit i re-issued and built up the pilot model of. I rarely had anyone ever ask me questions either directly or by a post on the group , about how i did this and how i did that.
            I always took the time to FULLY answer not a half assed answer to somebodys question. Maybe even a little long winded and with tooooooooo much detail for some.? Most of the questions i have received are always about how do i get those corregated roofs to look like that ???????? It takes a long time for a 2 finger typer to type out all the steps involved, but i always did it.

            These yahoo forums are not set up like the other types of groups ( freerails, railroad line forum, craftsman kits, ect ) where people can post the pictures of their build in a thread ? Then keep posting more text & pictures as the build goes along. Here you make an album and post pictures to that instead. Does not work.

            I also think that if somebody does post pictures of their builds you would think that group members would comment on it in a positive way.? Not the attaboy type but proper ya i really looked at your build and its ......... . Unless the person is specifically looking for constructive criticism ??
            madmike3434 mike lynch

            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <steve@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to thank you Daryl for the work and effort that you have put into the group.
            > I too wished that the group had gone in the direction of building Tom's kits and exchanging experiences but sadly it was not to be.
            > Steve UK.
            >

            > On Dec 7, 2009, at 11:08 PM, dlhuffman wrote:
            >
            > > Friends,
            > >
            > > I signed on as a co-moderator of this group a couple of years ago
            > > when it
            > > was in danger of going down in flames.
            > >
            > > However, things have deteriorated to the point that I can no
            > > longer, in good
            > > conscience, continue to serve as a mediator or moderator of this
            > > group.
            > >
            > > I truly hope the day will come when the group goes back to being a
            > > group
            > > about building Yorke kits............

          • J. Michael Hewitt
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
              I agree, Mike.....a web forum group is much more useful for discussion
              then are the Yahoo Groups......but they do serve to link us all up, at
              least at first.....what forums do YOU follow?

              BTW, we have constructed a lot of Mike's kits, and he has also promptly
              and helpfully responded to questions about construction, and his
              instructions are excellent.

              Michael Hewitt
              Hampstead, NC