Re: New Updated Rum Distillery Progress Shots

  • Bob Daniel
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
      Hi Guys - Thanks for the kind words. One of the downsides (if there is such a thing involving a Yorke kit) of doing an interior is that Tom's excellent castings of the wood portion of the shed will need to be reproduced with an "inside". I plan on using the original castings elsewhere where the blank backing is not important and using real wood for the shed.
      I also plan on making the back area and an "L" section into barrel storage, with a cobblestone floor, a low wall supporting the whole thing.
      Has anyone done mass bottles? I've got an article from the Gazette on using old Lite Brite lights (got a slew of them) and a drill as a lathe, but if there's a better way to mass produce a hundred or so I'd appreciate knowing about it.

      Bob Daniel
      Chelsea, MI

    • UncaDuck50@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 13, 2009
         So there's the followup, buenos noches.

        > Bob
        Daniel
        > Chelsea, MI
        Bob-
          Really enjoyed the pics - I like your "take" on
        Tom's buildings and your creativity.  Thanks for
        sharing with us, and keep up the good play !

        Doug Rowe
        Sparks, NV - about 35 miles from the Virginia & Truckee RR