Adobe Mission

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 6:44 PM
      For those of you who may be interested the Mission is just about ready. No, it isn't a complete kit. You get scale sized drawings and a sheet of basic instructions and painting information. Along with that you will receive enough cast resin window frames with arched top inserts, shutters and chapel doors to complete the window details and entryway.

      You will need to purchase some Balsa Foam (I may be able to supply packages of enough to complete your project. I will have to check and see. I will also need to know how many want this). Balsa foam, for those who have never worked with it before, is an expanded urethane foam that is easy to carve and glues together with white glue. You will need a sharp 1/4" chisel for this as well as regular X-Acto knives, files and sand paper. If you have a small table saw it makes the work a lot easier but is not at all necessary.

      The Mission is a fun project and will teach you some new skills! The footprint is about 8"x9" unless you want to construct a small front courtyard. I will have some photos next week of this project and the finished Hacienda. The Kitchens are nearing completion and I should be packing those in another week or so.

      The price for the Mission, less Balsa Foam, will be $30 plus $5 shipping. I will have to get a price on the foam.

    • Bob Walter
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 9:23 PM
        Tom.
        Sounds like great fun.
        Do you have a recommendation on the density of the product - 7, 12 or 20 lb?
        Balsa Foam regular or Balsa Foam II?
        Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 5:48 AM
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Walter" <bwalter@...> wrote:

          > Tom.
          > Sounds like great fun.
          > Do you have a recommendation on the density of the product - 7, 12 or 20 lb?
          > Balsa Foam regular or Balsa Foam II?
          > Bob

          Bob,
          I am using Balsa Foam BF12MH24S because that is what I can get. The website is a little strange. They don't seem to list the stuff! A phone call will made to them next week.

          The product I am using is, as the number states, 12 pound. I would prefer 7 though if I could get it. 12 is very tough but the sharp chisel cuts right through it. It is rather fun to work with. It does chip so an outline needs to be made with an X-Acto before using the chisel. A file and sand paper rounds out the edges nicely.

          Tom
        • bassb04011
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2 11:18 AM
            Are there any photos or drawings of the mission?
            How's the new loco kit coming along?
            Brian
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2 6:30 PM
              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "bassb04011" <fishingmaine@...> wrote:

              > Are there any photos or drawings of the mission?
              > How's the new loco kit coming along?
              > Brian

              Brian,
              There will be photos next week of the Mission. The new loco must await its place in line.