Rolling stock

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hello Everyone;

      I'm new to the group and wanted to ask.
      Is the Ferrocarril Mineral de 4 Wheel Caboose based on a real car or freelanced?
      The same goes for the ore car that is shown on the York kits web site under modelers gallery.

      Thanks,
      Rob
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <wrightrobertt@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone;
        >

        > I'm new to the group and wanted to ask.
        > Is the Ferrocarril Mineral de 4 Wheel Caboose based on a real car or freelanced?
        > The same goes for the ore car that is shown on the York kits web site under modelers gallery.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rob

        Rob,
        The 4 wheel caboose is most definitely prototypical. I only had two photos to develop the drawings from but it is most assuredly prototypical. As for the hoppers, they were developed from a Chinese prototype, however, it was a 4 wheel car and didn't have end platforms. Size is about the same. The hopper is freelanced but based heavily upon prototypical practice.

        Cheers and welcome,