Re: [On30] Loco Poco finished photos

  • MARC WITTEN
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009
      Hay,Allen,
      just been admiring your Poco loco,really impressive,i like the neat touch with the cord for the bell and whistle chain,the crate seat ,the tail lamps and side brake wheel on the tender also the markers on the pilot beam,all in all a really neat job.

      I've had my kit since Tom first produced it,but my problem is i have been unable to get hold of a Bachmann Lafayette,but i did get a John Bull,last week for £17 for Tom's new Loco.

      Many thanks for showing it,i think its a winner for the Annual.

      regards Marc

      ________________________________
      Just posted two pics in FILES AKL-01 of the finished engine. Bear in mind this is a Tom Yorke kit that I put together and added my detail work to. Note the bell cord with the D handle hanging from the roof of the plantation cab. This is maid from a fine braided metal Beading Needles that can be purchased at craft stores such as Michael's. I have been fiddling with getting this finished in between other projects for over a year and am very pleased with the final results. I hope to write it up for the next On30 Annual.

      Allen NYT

    • UncaDuck50@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2009
        I've had my kit since Tom first produced it,but my problem is i have been
        unable to get hold of a Bachmann Lafayette,but i did get a John Bull,last
        week for £17 for Tom's new Loco.

        Many thanks for showing it,i think its a winner for the Annual.

        regards Marc

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Marc-
        First try Uncle Weigely ( John Weigel ) who is both a great guy to
        deal with and a Bachmann dealer, Conspiracy member, and a friend of
        Allen & many other On30ites - he should be at Allen's next meet,
        which might be too long a swim for you <GRIN>.
        you can reach him here-

        _jweigel@..._ (mailto:jweigel@...)

        Happy Rails !
        Doug Rowe

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2009
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, UncaDuck50@... wrote:

          > I've had my kit since Tom first produced it,but my problem is i have been
          > unable to get hold of a Bachmann Lafayette,but i did get a John Bull,last
          > week for £17 for Tom's new Loco.
          >
          > Many thanks for showing it,i think its a winner for the Annual.
          >
          > regards Marc
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >
          > Marc-
          > First try Uncle Weigely ( John Weigel ) who is both a great guy to
          > deal with and a Bachmann dealer, Conspiracy member, and a friend of
          > Allen & many other On30ites - he should be at Allen's next meet,
          > which might be too long a swim for you <GRIN>.
          > you can reach him here-
          >
          > _jweigel@..._ (mailto:jweigel@...)
          >
          > Happy Rails !
          > Doug Rowe

          Also try looking up on Google. I have found several shops that have them mail order. There was one set at a train meet I attended last week, however, they wanted $90 for it and I have seen them for as low as $60.