Re: [Yorke_Kits] New Offerings

  • MARC WITTEN
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi Tom,just seen your new offerings in the photo files,and they are a beauty especially the painted shed in Adobe/non-adobe versions which you are supplying painted with help guide,i definately think you have hit on a christmas stocking filler,i for definately want one and i think the Adobe one will go down well on the workroom shelf.

      I cant wait,ps by the way has the overseas orders for the Mercantile been shipped yet as i have been away for a week

      also saw your quonset hut,question is the inside hollow,if one wanted to add interior ,ie Railway line so it could be used  as an Engine shed.

      many thanks for all you do Tom,as its a pleasure to see them.

      regards Marc.

      Just posted under the heading above in the photos section some new photos.

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, MARC WITTEN <Marc.Witten@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tom,just seen your new offerings in the photo files,and they are a beauty especially
        the painted shed in Adobe/non-adobe versions which you are supplying painted with help
        guide,i definately think you have hit on a christmas stocking filler,i for definately want one
        and i think the Adobe one will go down well on the workroom shelf.

        > I cant wait,ps by the way has the overseas orders for the Mercantile been shipped yet as
        i have been away for a week

        > also saw your quonset hut,question is the inside hollow,if one wanted to add interior ,ie
        Railway line so it could be used  as an Engine shed.

        > many thanks for all you do Tom,as its a pleasure to see them.
        >
        > regards Marc.

        Marc,
        The built-ups are being built-up now. I can only do about three a week so orders will take
        a couple of weeks to fill. I bill when they are ready.

        We spent about 3 hours yesterday in line to early vote so the afternoon disappeared very
        quickly! Back at adobes today. All are packaged and I am finalizing boxes now -- seeing
        who gets the little tanks I left out of the Pickle Works. Overseas orders for Mercantiles will
        be shipped with the regular orders next week and will also contain the Groceria if
        appropriate in same box. Maybe save a few bucks!

        The Quonsets are hollow, however, they are styrene formed over the resin ends and do not
        have interior framing. With some careful work you could add some framing after the fact
        on the inside. No cuts can be made to the exterior walls though as they openings will set
        up some weird tensions and warping or splitting may occur. There is a styrene base that
        you add the ends to and then wrap the corrugated around. That will keep things stiff
        enough and then styrene bands can be placed inside at pre-marked intervals for framing.
        Sort of a ship in a bottle approach but doable I think. Clearance is only 12' so only tiny
        critters might fir.

        Tom
      • MARC WITTEN
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
          Hi Tom,
          Many thank's for the info on the Adobe Hut,Quonset and mercantile,can you put my name down on the lists for the Adobe version painted Hut,if its not already,and also for the Quonset Hut,can you let me know when ready and send me a bill,so i can pay you,

          Many thanks regards Marc.