Re: Possible limited production structure

  • Bob Daniel
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 17, 2008
      Tom -

      In this era of unemployment checks and diminished expectations, a small
      low budget Yorke gem would be most welcome.

      Regards,
      Bob Daniel
      Chelsea, MI
    • Cary Hocker
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 17, 2008
        Tom, I'm definitely interested.

        Cary Hocker
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

        > Just throwing this out to see if there is any interest in it. There
        is a small prototype structure
        > that is basically brick with stucco walls that would look great in
        Frijole Flats. I would love to
        > do this one and I was thinking of doing a limited run of finished
        structures. They would be
        > completely assembled and painted/weathered. This would also be a
        great learning tool for
        > those who want to know how I paint. You would have a finished sample
        of the work in front
        > of you. Signed and numbered. You will be able to study the effect of
        washes, rust, peeling
        > paint, etc.
        >
        > It would be a small structure that would fit anywhere, not just
        Frijole Flats, since it is stucco
        > covered brick. Footprint would be about 2-1/2" by 4". If there is
        enough interest I will work
        > up a prototype and post photos. Cost would be kept as reasonable as
        possible. Maybe in the
        > $50-$60 range plus post. That's not bad for a built-up....NOT MADE
        IN CHINA.

        > Let me know if you are interested please.
        >

        > Tom

      • Jeff Barnes
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 17, 2008
          I already have one of your built-up models, so I know just how amazing they are!

          Jeff Barnes
        • jimthetrainman
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 18, 2008
            Hi Tom,

            Sounds interesting, but also time-consuming on your part. I would buy
            one, but if a kit were available I'd probably buy that instead.

            How about finding someone to build a set of "Mexican-like" O-Scale
            figures? Five or 6 generic poses would be terriffic.
          • Michael Hobbs
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 18, 2008
              Tom,

              put me down for one.

              Thanks,
              Mike Hobbs

              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

              > Just throwing this out to see if there is any interest in it. There
              is a small prototype structure
              > that is basically brick with stucco walls that would look great in
              Frijole Flats. I would love to
              > do this one and I was thinking of doing a limited run of finished
              structures. They would be
              > completely assembled and painted/weathered. This would also be a
              great learning tool for
              > those who want to know how I paint. You would have a finished
              sample of the work in front
              > of you. Signed and numbered. You will be able to study the effect
              of washes, rust, peeling
              > paint, etc.
              >
              > It would be a small structure that would fit anywhere, not just
              Frijole Flats, since it is stucco
              > covered brick. Footprint would be about 2-1/2" by 4". If there is
              enough interest I will work
              > up a prototype and post photos. Cost would be kept as reasonable as
              possible. Maybe in the
              > $50-$60 range plus post. That's not bad for a built-up....NOT MADE
              IN CHINA.

              > Let me know if you are interested please.
              >

              > Tom

            • Steve Esky
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 18, 2008
                Tom, put me down for one.

                Steve Moskun

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 18, 2008
                  I'm in for one ...

                  Mike Conder
                • Larry R
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 20, 2008
                    Tom Yorke wrote:

                    > Just throwing this out to see if there is any interest in it.
                    <<SNIP>>
                    > Let me know if you are interested please.

                    I will definitely take one.

                    Thanks,

                    Larry
                    --
                    Larry Rickert
                    Brooklyn, USA

                    On30 Resource Center:
                    http://on30center.com

                    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
                    - Philippians 4:13