New photos added

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 10, 2008
      I have just added some more recent shots of Oscar's in the First Look photo file. Just finished
      weathering the '37 Buick.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 11, 2008
        Tom---
        Those photos show the level of detail and texture really well----the
        closeups could be a real building! Your color and weathering finishes are
        just right. Those neon signs are excellent.

        >I have just added some more recent shots of Oscar's in the First Look photo
        >file. Just finished
        > weathering the '37 Buick.
        >
        > Tom

      • Terry Murphy
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 11, 2008
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Yorke" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

          > I have just added some more recent shots of Oscar's in the First Look
          photo file. Just finished
          > weathering the '37 Buick.
          >
          > Tom

          Great photos,as usual.
          Thanks for shareing.
          I sware the Buick is real!

          Terry
          N. Idaho
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 11, 2008
            Terry,
            The Buick is a Brooklin die cast. They did a really great job with it. Sometimes model autos
            are a little less than "correct" but this one was really nicely done. Simple to take it apart, tape
            up the windows and give it a dulling coat. Then you just use washes on it until it starts to
            look like the old car you remember as a kid in Hialeah, Florida that the guy across the street
            owned and your mother thought was an eyesore. The "bricks" are really supposed to be
            sheets of stamped tin as is all of the decoration on the facade. That's why things aren't
            perfectly straight. With age the wood formers and nailers under the skin start to slip, rot and
            sag thus warping some of the stamped metal panels out of square.

            I've got a couple more autos to do that I will go ahead and shoot as I go to use as clinic
            material. I only wish the neon really worked in the sign cans!

          • tom
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 8, 2011
              Photos of the pilot models for the Frijole Flats Depot and the Barrio have just been loaded into the photos section. The Barrio structures will be available as separate buildings, however, ten sets of the Barrio as shown will be available as a special offering on a first come, first served basis. This package will include the trailer and special parts not offered in the regular kits.

              Tom
            • tom
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 8, 2011
                Let me clarify this announcement. The Depot and individual Barrio structures will be available from Branline. I'm sure Dennis will be more than happy to take reservations. The 10 special "Super" Barrio kits will be available from me only and will include special castings and parts along with the trailer not available from them. I will accept reservations for these 10 kits until they are gone.

                Tom

                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

                > Photos of the pilot models for the Frijole Flats Depot and the Barrio have just been loaded into the photos section. The Barrio structures will be available as separate buildings, however, ten sets of the Barrio as shown will be available as a special offering on a first come, first served basis. This package will include the trailer and special parts not offered in the regular kits.
                >
                > Tom

              • tom
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 12, 2011
                  Let me re-re-clarify the below news.

                  There are four new Frijole Flats kits to be released soon. All of these will be available through Branline Sales; the Depot and three small structures that make up the Barrio. All will be available as individual kits from Dennis.

                  There will be 10 special run kits available direct from me only of the Barrio as pictured in the photos section. This is a special assemblage of four of these and one trailer along with some special parts not available elsewhere. One building is a duplicate and can be altered as I show in the plans and instructions, so four buildings can be modeled without duplication. Special plans and instructions as well as color photos are included with the 10 kits in this one-time run. These 10 will be on the shelf before they are announced as ready and that should be at the end of this month. I only have a few sets left, so if you want one, please do not hesitate too long.

                  Tom

                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

                  > Let me clarify this announcement. The Depot and individual Barrio structures will be available from Branline. I'm sure Dennis will be more than happy to take reservations. The 10 special "Super" Barrio kits will be available from me only and will include special castings and parts along with the trailer not available from them. I will accept reservations for these 10 kits until they are gone.
                  >
                  > Tom
                  >
                  > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tomyorke@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Photos of the pilot models for the Frijole Flats Depot and the Barrio have just been loaded into the photos section. The Barrio structures will be available as separate buildings, however, ten sets of the Barrio as shown will be available as a special offering on a first come, first served basis. This package will include the trailer and special parts not offered in the regular kits.
                  > >
                  > > Tom

                • JOE HEDL 3
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 12, 2011
                    Please confirm my reservation for the special run Barrio kits (4).
                    Thanks, Joe

                    There are four new Frijole Flats kits to be released soon. All of these will be available through Branline Sales; the Depot and three small structures that make up the Barrio. All will be available as individual kits from Dennis.

                    There will be 10 special run kits available direct from me only of the Barrio as pictured in the photos section. This is a special assemblage of four of these and one trailer along with some special parts not available elsewhere. One building is a duplicate and can be altered as I show in the plans and instructions, so four buildings can be modeled without duplication. Special plans and instructions as well as color photos are included with the 10 kits in this one-time run. These 10 will be on the shelf before they are announced as ready and that should be at the end of this month. I only have a few sets left, so if you want one, please do not hesitate too long.

                    Tom

                    --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tomyorke@...> wrote:

                    > Let me clarify this announcement. The Depot and individual Barrio structures will be available from Branline. I'm sure Dennis will be more than happy to take reservations. The 10 special "Super" Barrio kits will be available from me only and will include special castings and parts along with the trailer not available from them. I will accept reservations for these 10 kits until they are gone.
                    >
                    > Tom
                    >
                    > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tomyorke@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Photos of the pilot models for the Frijole Flats Depot and the Barrio have just been loaded into the photos section. The Barrio structures will be available as separate buildings, however, ten sets of the Barrio as shown will be available as a special offering on a first come, first served basis. This package will include the trailer and special parts not offered in the regular kits.
                    > >
                    > > Tom

                  • tom
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 16, 2011
                      You are confirmed Joe.

                      Tom

                      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "JOE HEDL 3" <joecaboose3@...> wrote:

                      > Please confirm my reservation for the special run Barrio kits (4).
                      > Thanks, Joe

                    • JOE HEDL 3
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 16, 2011
                        Thanks....