5526Re: Getting caught up...

  • Ray Keck
    Feb 2, 2006
      Nick-

      I bought both the Cannery Row book and the Alaska book Darryl
      recommnded. My vision is a little more funky, with lots of corrugated
      siding, maybe connected to a brick plant building, large industrial
      boilers (any leads for this?), overhead bridge and docks for fishing
      boats and rail cars. I want to keep it fairly compact, but at least
      two-story. I've got a great fishing boat model to go with it.
      I'm hoping to use parts of Pepito's, but it will depend on how Tom
      splits up the kits. I think I'll get the boiler to go with a more
      funky industry.

      Ray

      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Ogden" <angela@...> wrote:

      > I guess it wouldn't be too hard to build something similar to
      Pepito's but
      > with a New England flavour . Something with gallons of clapboard
      sidings ,
      > shingles and tin .
      > There's no hurry for me as I've got several other buildings to
      finish
      > first , but I'd be interested to see if you come up with anything .
      > Darryl Huffman recommended an interesting book that might give
      some ideas
      > , even though it is a pictoral history of Cannery Row and
      Fisherman's Wharf
      > in Monterey it could be useful for us . If you haven't read the
      relevant
      > message on whichever forum he posted it on , the book is called "
      Where have
      > all the sardines gone " by Randall Reinstedt . It is still readily
      available
      > via Amazon .
      >
      > Nick

      Herring
      > > cannery.
      > >
      > > If anyone has ideas for other kits that could be added to
      Pepito's to
      > > create a waterfront packing plant, I'd sure appreciate the input.
      > >
      > > Ray
      > >

      > > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Ogden" <angela@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > .
      > > > Now this Pepito's . Could it by any stretch of the
      imagination
      > > be put
      > > > into a New England waterfront scene ? Or would it look out of
      > > place ?
      > > >
      > > > Nick
      > >

      > > Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found
      at:

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic