5524Re: [Yorke_Kits] Re: Getting caught up...

  • Angela Ogden
    Feb 2, 2006
      Ray ,

      At one time the Red Herring Cannery was high on my wish list , but I got
      over it when I began to focus more on O Scale .
      My main problem is not knowing what I'm really looking for being a Brit
      living several thousand miles away , but I know what I like when I see it .
      I guess it wouldn't be too hard to build something similar to Pepito's but
      with a New England flavour . Something with gallons of clapboard sidings ,
      shingles and tin .
      There's no hurry for me as I've got several other buildings to finish
      first , but I'd be interested to see if you come up with anything .
      Darryl Huffman recommended an interesting book that might give some ideas
      , even though it is a pictoral history of Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf
      in Monterey it could be useful for us . If you haven't read the relevant
      message on whichever forum he posted it on , the book is called " Where have
      all the sardines gone " by Randall Reinstedt . It is still readily available
      via Amazon .

      Nick