12432File - aaa Group Guidelines
- Nov 1 2:24 PMThe YorkeKit Group guidelines are simple and rely upon common sense.
1. Sign messages with first name and, if you wish, last name and
2. Be courteous and respectful of all list members.
3. No attachments or private messages to full list.
4. No political, religious, racial or ethnic messages or slurs.
5. Delete all but the relevant part of a message when replying.
6. Profanity will not be tolerated.
7. Items offered for sale (private, commercial, or on Ebay) should
be relevant to craftman kits.
8. Complaints about any message should be sent directly to the
moderator at dlhuffman@... rather than to all the
members of the list. Please include a copy of the offending
message. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction,
then contact the list as a whole. This approach will prevent
a great number of unnecessary, inflammatory messages.
9. The moderator always welcomes suggestions about ways to improve
your enjoyment of the list.
The following are some of the suggestions I have received from members of the different groups I moderate
concerning ways to make your list more enjoyable. Most are designed to cut
down on bandwidth problems and email mailbox glut. Some ISPs are stingy.
1. When replying to a message, please delete all but the key parts of the
2. If you are emailing to say, "Me too!" or "I agree", try to send those
messages directly to the individual instead of to the whole list.
3. Keep your emails related to Tom Yorke kits, other craftsman kits and techniques. When you venture off the subject,
please send your emails directly to the individual. Announcements concerning
the health or death of a member are always appropriate and welcome. We are
all friends here and we care about each other.
4. No politics, religion, flaming, or profanity. Hold down the usual token
Holiday messages to the group. (Unless you get something exciting for Christmas,
5. Show respect for all members and remember that humor doesn't translate
well in emails. People take offense easily at sarcasm and some of us are too
old to see those little :>) things.
6. Short kit reviews are excellent to share as others may be considering the
purchase of that kit or may need help with the instructions.
7. New techniques, materials, or information found are good to share as we
all want to improve in our modeling.
8. Discussion of copyright and patent issues are best done off
If you have any questions, please contact me directly.
Darryl Huffman, co-moderator
If you are not satisfied with my response to your emails, you may contact Frank Bernard at: Frank.Bernard@...
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>