  • eckanewske
    Jan 14, 2012
      I received my ACS#4 kit on Thursday. As usual, Tom's castings, instructions, and drawings are very well done. Thanks Tom.

      I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the USSR diecast donor vehicle. The detail and close-to-scale thinness of the castings remind me of a Rio brand vehicle. I've seen some Iron Curtain diecast that was more Tootsie Toy quality---this one is at the other end of the spectrum.

      I had the foresight to by an extra vehicle from Tom and I'm glad. Although I'm tempted to weather it up and use it on the On30 Hill Country Outlaws modular layout---with a suitable narrative about some mysterious, eccentric European immigrant to Central Texas---a quick glance at Tom's Industrial Railway Sketchbook, Vol. 3 has given me some other ideas.