11435#511 THE MERRY MERMAID DINER,,,photos posted

  • madmike3434
    Feb 2, 2010
      I just uploaded some photos into a photo album titled #511 the merry mermaid. This is O scale and is a serious bash modification of Ouisi's Bar yorke kit.

      The story behind the Large roof top mermaid sign is that Lionel Pugwump one of the seven wild and crazy Pugwump brothers , used to work the marine restoration business back on the coast and he managed to acquire this former ships masthead and add the tail area to it with his extensive woodworking skills. Makes a grand sign.

      The foundation was sliced in half with a band saw , because it sat too high in my opinion. I used the other half to create the cooking area , along with scratch built wood walls.

      Once again i turned to grandt line for those very large diamond patterned windows and took the 2 walled up window areas out to create something with a very different new look.. With a lot of sweat, rear wall bracing and courage , i took my dremel fiberglass blade and seriously opened up the two walls . Not for the faint of heart.!!! You make a mistake and your $150 kit is toast.

      madmike3434.............mike lynch
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic