11385RE: [Yorke_Kits] Speedy Auto Repair

  • Robert Scobie
    Jan 2, 2010

      I am interested in the Pilot of this one Tom.

      From: Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tomyorkethebigstuff
      Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 9:49 AM
      To: Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Yorke_Kits] Speedy Auto Repair

      I am finishing up a run of 10 resin kits for a Quonset Hut turned auto repair business. The plans and instructions are finished and casting is underway. I am awaiting a few Plastruct pieces and decals. When I have these in hand and the kits are in their boxes I will announce here. It is my hope that sales of these kits will allow me to send other kits I have on back order and help break the log jam a little.

      The kit features resin castings and styrene parts as well as signs and decals. It also features a sign with an old car atop. The auto is not included so you have a choice in eras. The Athearn Model A Ford is a perfect choice. The price will be $69 plus post in the US.

      Reservations (no payment until announced) are being accepted now and I will inform you when in stock. That will probably be about two weeks before the parts get here. Also you may wish to try and locate the 1/50 scale hot rods made by Hot Wheels. I picked up two at ToysRUs last weekend for $6 each. These are done very well and include a 1940 Willys, '49 Merc lead sled, Model A Coupe, '32 sedan and '29 pickup rat rods.