10843Re: Rolling stock

    May 1, 2009
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <wrightrobertt@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone;
      >

      > I'm new to the group and wanted to ask.
      > Is the Ferrocarril Mineral de 4 Wheel Caboose based on a real car or freelanced?
      > The same goes for the ore car that is shown on the York kits web site under modelers gallery.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rob

      Rob,
      The 4 wheel caboose is most definitely prototypical. I only had two photos to develop the drawings from but it is most assuredly prototypical. As for the hoppers, they were developed from a Chinese prototype, however, it was a 4 wheel car and didn't have end platforms. Size is about the same. The hopper is freelanced but based heavily upon prototypical practice.

      Cheers and welcome,