Re: YorkCountyFamilies: Hill Family information

  • Dnwalsh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
      I'm not sure if you have checked the Maine Old Cemetery Association books but in the First Baptist Cemetery in Kittery on Haley Road and Pepperell Road I found:

      Allen, James O., 7 April 1831-20 July 1894.
      Susan A. wife of James O. Allen, d. 16 April 1882, aged 45 yrs. 9 mos.
      Capt. James, d. 9 Feb. 1877, aged 86 yrs.
      Sarah, wife of Capt. James Allen, d. 28 Dec 1857, aged 60 yrs.

      Hill, Joseph W., d. 4 May 1900, aged 66 yrs. 5 mos. 7 das.
      Mercy A., d. 20 Feb 1869, aged 31 yrs.
      John J. [Brother], d. 9 Jan. 1905, aged 46 yrs. 8 mos. 25 das.

      These two families are apparently close together as I found them on p. 1006.

      Have you checked Old Kittery and Her Families? There are dozens of Hills, although I did not see yours specifically you may connect.

      Darlene

      Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.
    • Helen Paulik
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008
        Dear Darlene,
        Thank you so much for your help in providing me with the Hill family information. I really appreciate your taking time out to help. I live in St. Louis now, but was born and raised in Kittery Point. I come back several times each year to visit family and so I will be able to check on the resources you mentioned. I would imagine that the Rice Public Library might have these books.
        The First Baptist Church was my family church and I did not know that there was a book on the families buried there.
        Thank you again. Helen

        http://mail.yahoo.com