Hill Family information

  • paulik.helen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
      Cora Esther Hill (b. 12 Nov 1864 in Kittery Point) was my great-
      grandmother. Her parents were Mercy Allen and Joseph Hill (b. 28 Dec
      1833 in Kittery). Joseph's father was William Hill and Joseph's mother
      was Susanna Blaisdell. I have no further information on the William
      Hill family. Hoping someone can help. Thank you very much.
      Sincerely, Helen Randall Paulik
    • Dnwalsh@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
        I'm not sure if you have checked the Maine Old Cemetery Association books but in the First Baptist Cemetery in Kittery on Haley Road and Pepperell Road I found:

        Allen, James O., 7 April 1831-20 July 1894.
        Susan A. wife of James O. Allen, d. 16 April 1882, aged 45 yrs. 9 mos.
        Capt. James, d. 9 Feb. 1877, aged 86 yrs.
        Sarah, wife of Capt. James Allen, d. 28 Dec 1857, aged 60 yrs.

        Hill, Joseph W., d. 4 May 1900, aged 66 yrs. 5 mos. 7 das.
        Mercy A., d. 20 Feb 1869, aged 31 yrs.
        John J. [Brother], d. 9 Jan. 1905, aged 46 yrs. 8 mos. 25 das.

        These two families are apparently close together as I found them on p. 1006.

        Have you checked Old Kittery and Her Families? There are dozens of Hills, although I did not see yours specifically you may connect.

        Darlene

        Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.
      • Helen Paulik
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008
          Dear Darlene,
          Thank you so much for your help in providing me with the Hill family information. I really appreciate your taking time out to help. I live in St. Louis now, but was born and raised in Kittery Point. I come back several times each year to visit family and so I will be able to check on the resources you mentioned. I would imagine that the Rice Public Library might have these books.
          The First Baptist Church was my family church and I did not know that there was a book on the families buried there.
          Thank you again. Helen

          http://mail.yahoo.com